Did Vader wear a neckbrace in ANH?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by ob1al, May 25, 2006.

1. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

Just that, really - did he?

I know its never featured onscreen, but did Prowse wear something black to hide the back of his neck?

2. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

I don't think so

3. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

That's what I thought might be the case, but I've never really studied the ANH Vader closely until now.

So the only thing back there was the collar of the cape and the straps from the facemask?

4. Benkenove

Benkenove Well-Known Member

Exactly ... No neckbrace at all in ANH.

5. SithLord

SithLord Sr Member

right...no neckbrace...check your SW DVDs "Empire of Dreams" when Prowse is fighting Alec Guiness...the helmet comes off revealing a glimpse back there...

6. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ May 26 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]1250800[/snapback]</div>
    Ah yes, I remember those images now - thaks for the info chaps.

So I guess the next question is, we see the brace in ESB and ROTJ (and a brace in ROTS too if I am not mistaken?) so in terms of continuity - Vader should have been wearing a neckbrace, right?

(Just getting my geek on here... .:p )

7. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member

Yes, good point. Technically, yes he should have one for continuity's sake. :)

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>(ob1al @ May 26 2006, 02:01 AM) [snapback]1250974[/snapback]</div>
    Ah yes, I remember those images now - thaks for the info chaps.

So I guess the next question is, we see the brace in ESB and ROTJ (and a brace in ROTS too if I am not mistaken?) so in terms of continuity - Vader should have been wearing a neckbrace, right?

(Just getting my geek on here... .:p )
    [/b][/quote]

8. UFO

UFO Sr Member

That'll be added in the new super duper deluxe, never before seen re-release of the OT... comming soon to stores near you.

9. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(UFO @ May 26 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1251146[/snapback]</div>
    :p

I wonder, in the 'non-reveal' scenes in ESB and Jedi, did Prowse (or Bob Anderson etc.) wear any kind of neckbrace? I suspect not as it always looks very visible to me when a neckbrace is worn.