Did Vader wear a neckbrace in ANH?

ob1al

Sr Member
Just that, really - did he?

I know its never featured onscreen, but did Prowse wear something black to hide the back of his neck?

That's what I thought might be the case, but I've never really studied the ANH Vader closely until now.

So the only thing back there was the collar of the cape and the straps from the facemask?

right...no neckbrace...check your SW DVDs "Empire of Dreams" when Prowse is fighting Alec Guiness...the helmet comes off revealing a glimpse back there...

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ May 26 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]1250800[/snapback]</div>
right...no neckbrace...check your SW DVDs "Empire of Dreams" when Prowse is fighting Alec Guiness...the helmet comes off revealing a glimpse back there...
[/b]

Ah yes, I remember those images now - thaks for the info chaps.

So I guess the next question is, we see the brace in ESB and ROTJ (and a brace in ROTS too if I am not mistaken?) so in terms of continuity - Vader should have been wearing a neckbrace, right?

(Just getting my geek on here... .:p )

Yes, good point. Technically, yes he should have one for continuity's sake. :)

Dave

<div class='quotetop'>(ob1al @ May 26 2006, 02:01 AM) [snapback]1250974[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ May 26 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]1250800[/snapback]
[/b]

Ah yes, I remember those images now - thaks for the info chaps.

So I guess the next question is, we see the brace in ESB and ROTJ (and a brace in ROTS too if I am not mistaken?) so in terms of continuity - Vader should have been wearing a neckbrace, right?

(Just getting my geek on here... .:p )
[/b][/quote]

That'll be added in the new super duper deluxe, never before seen re-release of the OT... comming soon to stores near you.

<div class='quotetop'>(UFO @ May 26 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]1251146[/snapback]</div>
That'll be added in the new super duper deluxe, never before seen re-release of the OT... comming soon to stores near you.
[/b]

:p

I wonder, in the 'non-reveal' scenes in ESB and Jedi, did Prowse (or Bob Anderson etc.) wear any kind of neckbrace? I suspect not as it always looks very visible to me when a neckbrace is worn.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back