Did I say I will never built a kit model? -- Galactica

You normaly do not build kits but when you do you still make them look awesome and then some...

Fantastic as all your builds.

Thanks for the comment, jarroth-san.
After almost more than decade of scratch building experience, I could see those kit building from a different perspective and I really enjoyed it.

Dear Yuumi, I am just in awe of your good nature. After reading the opening where you roof got blown off, and this lead to you thinking about what you could give to the carpenters son, is just awesome. I was in your beautiful country for the first time in June 2018, and fell in love with it, because of the people. I see so often on build threads (not really RPF, but other sites), negativity, and anger and frustration, and here you are making something for someone else during a time of difficulty for yourself.

Just wanted to say I think you are a terrific person from your posts, how you describe things, how you talk about your family with such love. I hope you continue to spread your kind of humanity as far as you can because I think it is great.

All the best Christiaan

Dear Christiaan,
Wow, thank you very much for your very kind comment.
Many things happened last year. Many surprising events and troubles. (Including a few fight with my wife and daughter- Of course I've lost every fight. Old guy's short temper is nothing benefit for him all the time) But we could get over it and now we are still fine and enjoy everyday's life. I owed many on your friendly support every time. How wonderful to have good friends even if they are at the other side of this planet.

It is almost a year passed since I finished the last model.
Now I am preparing for a next model building and at the same time, Build the kit model is progressing. Make it a 8 windows version with a whole new interior.

jK8YYmv.jpg

T6jgTLO.jpg

4rLVFHF.jpg

hemlqPL.jpg

XlJ3W42.jpg

Nvv6AEp.jpg

XlJ3W42.jpg

r8wOmkc.jpg

5IcV0iJ.jpg

dztQ6UU.jpg

9EyHP6Q.jpg

DJlqHHH.jpg

So far, this is it.

Also I built a few furnitures lately.

I salvaged some large wood plate and rods from the dump yard of the local sawmill. They were damaged and not a good condition.
I polished them with a plane and painted the varnish. It took a long time.

A coffee table and a wooden arm rest cover for the sofa.
wlKCTZy.jpg

cHtR6jw.jpg

And a flower stand.

3aHCseL.jpg

YQlFd6S.jpg

Make ready for the Ohinasama-dolls for Hinamatsuri on the 3rd of March (Woman's day ceremony).
eIvZTDh.jpg

TfvQ1m8.jpg

And make ready for the battle!!:p
nRLalv6.jpg

DSC08103-150x150.jpg

Thanks for looking and all the best,

Katsuhiko Fujihira

Last edited:
Very cool projects!

Looking forward to see what you do with the Seaview

In regards to the fight with the women of the house, remember, anything you say can and will be held against you. :lol:

And if they say "Do whatever you want"... do not do it. It's a trap :lol:

Very cool projects!

Looking forward to see what you do with the Seaview

In regards to the fight with the women of the house, remember, anything you say can and will be held against you. :lol:

And if they say "Do whatever you want"... do not do it. It's a trap :lol:

Thanks, Analyzer-san.
Yeah, you are right.
I always forget that a man can never get an advantage at any fight with women. Start a fight is like jumping in the trap by yourself. I'm very impressed that the 'final words' is very international. It's a universal common language.
When you hear that, you should apologize to them with rubbing the floor with your forehead immediately before you get a disaster.:(

Last edited:
i’ve only just reviewed your first post and it’s jaw dropping your ‘quick four day build’ is most peoples 3 to 6 months build you have really got some great scratch building and lighting skills!

i think maybe because you are old school, nowadays the kits are so accurate and high detail the need to scratch build or kit bash is much less!

Just saw this , LOVE the table and sofa end table just simply beautiful! (y)

Just read the entire thread, WOW I hope all is well with you and your wife and Yuki!

All the best my friend!!!!

i’ve only just reviewed your first post and it’s jaw dropping your ‘quick four day build’ is most peoples 3 to 6 months build you have really got some great scratch building and lighting skills!

i think maybe because you are old school, nowadays the kits are so accurate and high detail the need to scratch build or kit bash is much less!

I don't know why I missed replying to this very kind message. My apology. And, thank you very much, Normicle-san!

Just saw this , LOVE the table and sofa end table just simply beautiful! (y)

Just read the entire thread, WOW I hope all is well with you and your wife and Yuki!

All the best my friend!!!!
Thank you so much, my friends!
They were some works back a few years ago.
That was a good year and also a terrible year for my family.
Thanks for your support, we are still doing fine.
Thank you so much, again!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back