Did anyone attend the Larry Hagman auction!?

The site has the results up. Jeanie bottle went for $10,000.

What a beautiful home that is/was. Gorgeous furniture.

Yeah, too rich for my blood, but I'd say that $10,000 was a good price for the Jeanie Bottle. Lot of cool "home decorative items" went for some great prices, too. Would be nice to have just because they belonged to "JR"!!

Shylaah

That bottle was not even a screen used original it was a replica. Way to much $$$ for that piece.

Strange. On the site it said

"The most notable Item up for auction is one of the original polychrome painted ceramic genie bottles from the set of I Dream of Jeannie.

The iconic prop was used when the show switched to color, and replaced the original dark green Jim Beam liquor decanter with the more colorful pink bottle."

How do you know it was a replica ?

And if it was, it is a ludicrous price to be sure !

Well, they were either wrong about it being "original" or wrong about it being ceramic. Mistaking painted glass for ceramics is a mistake I could see happening.

If it wasn't an original, the buyer has well and truly been had. Unless he is a huge L.H. fan and would pay that kind of money to have something of his.

Barbara Eden owns the original bottle which is in a safe deposit box. Larry Hagman's is a replica painted by one of the well known Jeannie bottle painters.

Actually there are a few Screen-used bottles in private collections.

There was more than one.

Barbara Eden owns the original bottle which is in a safe deposit box. Larry Hagman's is a replica painted by one of the well known Jeannie bottle painters.

Yep, it is clearly listed on the auction page, that it is a "replica bottle". So the buyer might have just wanted it because of it's link to Larry.

I don't know about that Moviefreak.

On the news item it says :

" The most notable Item up for auction is one of the original polychrome painted ceramic genie bottles from the set of I Dream of Jeannie.

The iconic prop was used when the show switched to color, and replaced the original dark green Jim Beam liquor decanter with the more colorful pink bottle."

On the catalogue

"A polychrome painted ceramic genie bottle featured in the entrance hallway of Larry Hagman's estate 'heaven' "

And in the auction results "I Dream of Genie Bottle".

I can't see the word "replica" anywhere (?) :confused

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back