Did anyone attend the Larry Hagman auction!?

I don't know about that Moviefreak.

On the news item it says :

" The most notable Item up for auction is one of the original polychrome painted ceramic genie bottles from the set of I Dream of Jeannie.

The iconic prop was used when the show switched to color, and replaced the original dark green Jim Beam liquor decanter with the more colorful pink bottle."

On the catalogue

"A polychrome painted ceramic genie bottle featured in the entrance hallway of Larry Hagman's estate 'heaven' "

And in the auction results "I Dream of Genie Bottle".

I can't see the word "replica" anywhere (?) :confused

You need to go to the actual Julien's Auction page for the item:

I DREAM OF JEANNIE BOTTLE - Price Estimate: $1000 - $2000

It clearly states
"A polychrome painted ceramic genie bottle featured in the entrance hallway of Larry Hagman's estate "Heaven." This is a replica of the bottle from the classic television program. Height, 14 1/2 inches"

The news people seemed to miss the mark with the info they printed, but the actual auctioneers and the listing of the item did state it. So I assume the buyer read it and was aware.

I work for Julien's now, and while I didn't work on the Hagman lots, I know there were a handful of calls regarding whether it was authentic and everyone who asked was told it was a personally-owned replica.

I turn away a LOT of stuff that comes through the door, and I feel sorry for some of the consignors who paid REALLY big money for something that just ain't what they think it is.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back