dexter watch

I am really starting to think they only have one watch that Dexter wears. Throughout the seasons, the watch in Season 1 looks almost new and shiny, like below.
8a9bbc24.jpg

...... and by season 4, the watch is all dinged up and scratched.
446782d1307048697-real-dexter-wristwatch-discover-dexter_timex1.jpg

And here is Harry's watch. The number markers are not the same as Dexter's watch at all. Dexter's are box shaped while Harry's are long and thin. (best pic I could find).
vlcsnap-2011-07-04-19h08m46s130.png

If there was more then one for the show, why wouldn't Harry wear it also? It would also explain the band change in Dexter's watch. Maybe the prop team did have a hard time finding more and had to settle for a "close enough" for Harry's.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to finding the watch? Who do I talk to? There has to be someone. When you guys are sleeping like babies this is what's keeping me up at night!

Sorry If Im sounding like a Dick.

The watch Harry is wearing seems to have longer hour marks (cant think of there real name) were Dexters seem to be shorter , so it looks as they are different

John dont rush! I spent 12 months looking of a 6.3V tantium capacitor , and when I found it it was all the more sweeter,

Half the fun is the hunt , since this thread Ive spent hours looking online for possible candidates

Last edited:
in some pics it makes it look like the inside of the watch is a pearl or silver, but its actually got a hint of gold to it, but the rest is silver/chrome

The cases suggest the 60's or the 70's - that's all I can tell you. The faces / dials, cases and bands are very generic. Dexter's looks like it has the manufacturer and model name just above the hands, and the number of jewels below. That's pretty normal. I can't tell if it even has numerals all around or just markers, or if it's got a date window at the 3-o-clock position.

Better pics would help, no matter who's searching.

-Mike J.

If someone can get me better pics I can identify the watch. I have an extensive library and resources on watches.

The watch has actually already been identified, the information just hasn't been posted on the board to keep the prices cheaper for a while longer.

I do not believe it is a 1973 Timex Automatic. The length and position of the inscriptions on the face do not seem to match.

I also refer you this thread: Watchuseek

Nor do the indices or the markings on the IWC Yacht Club seem to match, though the case and bezel do seem closer to the prop.

-MJ

The watch has actually already been identified, the information just hasn't been posted on the board to keep the prices cheaper for a while longer.

...... Like I said.....if someone wants to post better pictures I'm sure We can Identify the maker but I might be able to give the exact date and model too.

Last edited:
Guys,

The watch has already been identified. It is being kept off of the boards for now. My reasons for keeping it off the public message board has to do with price jacking and the community. My watch was $200 before I even told a soul what one it is. I can't imagine the bidding war or Buy it Now if the watch was public info. I also don't think it's fair to tell someone who has just joined over a member who has been trying to ID it for years.

I keep getting tons on PMs asking me what the watch is, and I have already said, I will tell you all but you need to wait a little while. Have patience!!!! I will not be answering any PMs about the watch. As of right now I have 9 PMs in my box, all about the watch.

To help you all save your money, it is NOT a Timex or IWC brand watch.

Please have patience and soon you will all know.

Thanks

If I can...I'll be more than happy to help a member with a watch question regardless if hes been here one day or 10 years. I get many requests for watch IDing..some I can identify with enough info and some I'm still researching when I have time. Even if this watch is Identified it still doesn't mean you can just run out and get one. I see more watches in a matter of weeks then most people see in years and even though I've IDed several watches, finding them intact, working and in good condition is another thing.

As far as this "Dexter Watch" ...looking at the crown....from a distance..... it looks very close to a Longines or Benrus..can't really tell if its lettering saying "Benrus" or the wing emblem on vintage Longines watches. The dial looks close because vintage Benrus watches almost always have their name over stars which it looks close and the case looks close to some Benrus designs and Longines used a simular design. The pics below shows some crown examples to show what I mean along with one of Sith's pics he posted
I'm just taking a shot here but without more info its the best I can come up with at this time. If I come up with more info I'll be happy to post it.

I just noticed....the original poster who started this thread "John" ......has he been banned?...if so I wonder why?

Last edited:
You mean... This watch ?

capturedcran20110811005.png

It was hard to find good pictures of it... I found a good one on ebay... It's a Waltham wristwatch 25 jewels.
And considering there is 14 bids on it... I might not be mistaken. But I also can be wrong !

Well, I guess the cats out of the bag. That's the one.........

Good luck finding one at a decent price now. That auction sold for $400.

Thibault, how did you ID it?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back