Deus Ex: Human Revolution

It ran smoothly on my x-box. My game is unpatched and I had no glitches, except two people being stuck in wall/floor.

Ive finished it, and I gotta say Im really impressed with it. Well done on staying true to the original, Eidos! We need more quality cyberpunk. :cheers

Turns out how you deal with sanders in teh factory gives two options on if you knock him out or let him run away.

I really enjoyed this game at first but I'm beginning to get a little tired of it, honestly. If I make the slightest noise, people come after me. If I try to kill people straight up, I get killed. The reload times seem forever. Sorry, don't hate I'm just venting a little :confused

Oh it has drawbacks, to me it's too short, the AI aren't very bright, there's very little character development for a story this big, there are entire scenes that call for more interaction between characters and it's like they left out entire sections and the endings are horrid.

Storywise it's so backwards. You spend all your time going for your main goal, find it and barely even acknowledge it before moving on.

Agreed, the loading time is loooong. The way ppl move while talking could have been better.

The rythm of the story is very close to DE in my opinion. I found this one to have more sidequests though, and that was a good call.

I think the ending could have worked that you decided the ending earlier in the game, and actually played a while in the outcome of your decision, maybe with diferent sidequests in it depending on the decision.

It seems their goal was to tell the story close to the original though. The way it is now is very DE and Im glad they tried to stick with that as much as possible.

Last edited:
I just finished it, watched all four endings. I managed to miss one of the Hugh Darrow books, very unhappy about that.

I did get my Pacifist and Foxiest of the Hounds achievements so when I play again it will be with furious anger to get that book!

I thought this game was really great and fit in wonderfully with the spirit of the first game. The only thing it was missing was Spiderbots! I am in the minority when I say I loved Invisible War as well. Heck, I even liked Project Snowblind (Spiderbots!).

One other thing I was kind of missing was the ability to jump your way right out of the map and explore in places where you weren't supposed to which you could do with crazy results in the first two games. I did get to do it once in this game, on the roof of Jensen's apartment building. But I found it kind of annoying to *not* be able to jump to places that were seemingly otherwise accessible. But, I really like exploring and this game does encourage that!

I am looking forward to the DLC, but what I really hope is that the game does well enough for them to make another one... and do just as good a job, if not even better. I think Deus Ex holds a special place in some gamer's hearts and it was very gratifying to get this game after waiting so long and having another special experience.

I agree, I also miss the ability to jump, say into the ocean and just look around. I miss stuff like the underwater base in DE. It was one of my fav, and made a great change from the sneak through a room with 5 enemies in it.

I found this game to be somewhat harder, and that is good. Half way into the first you could be a god, walking through every situaton.

Arent Eidos making another Thief game as we speak? Im sure theyll make another DE. I hope they pull it off as making a game with all these themes takes time and cant be rushed. And Im not sure if AJ could work as a main char again?

Oh, and I also enjoyed IW. It had a good story with depht, but it didnt have that DE vibe and was dumbed down, same ammo for all guns, and small maps/missions messed a good story up. I just love one of the endings in IW. If you like DE, then IW can be played for the cool world and its sad tone. Not often mentioned, but you do more choices depending on what factions you like in IW. I think a faction system would have worked well in HR as well.

I really enjoyed this game at first but I'm beginning to get a little tired of it, honestly. If I make the slightest noise, people come after me. If I try to kill people straight up, I get killed. The reload times seem forever. Sorry, don't hate I'm just venting a little :confused

Are you crouching while you're sneaking around? Also make sure to shut doors if you go into an office because it cuts down on noise.

BTW, I got the silent moving augs in my first game, then didn't figure out you have to activate them until partway through the last level. :lol

Also if you start a new game, don't accidentally forget that you don't have the Icarus landing aug yet. Don't ask... :lol

Hey look they have Deus Ex clothing: Overview - Official Deus Ex: HR clothing store . I wonder why they don't have a Sarif Industries shirt?!

I was hoping for something directly out of the game but it doesn't seem to be the case. I got the long-sleeve shirt though and I like it a lot, very comfy.

Regarding stealth, it's very important to stay in cover. Not just crouching behind something but holding the "cover" button as well. You can move along walls and turn corners as well as jump between cover points, I never got caught that way.

Even playing a "full on aggression" run I know there are areas where I will still be better off staying stealthy.

I was thinking about the factions that NAZGUL mentioned, and that was a key part of IW. I guess this game serves as an introduction in that regard and then you make your choice, including Jensen's own. I loved all the nods, big and small, to the other games. Even just seeing the sculpture of the invisible hand with the world in it was very cool.

Hopefully their clothing line expands like Visceral did with the Dead space clothing line. A sarif shirt would be cool.

Has anyone heard if they are doing any more DLC for this? I haven't heard a thing and they acted like they intended to do several DLC packs. Hopefully if they're not they are working on a new game.

I haven't heard anything, apparently they just did that one. We're all hoping for HR2 which ties things in more with the original game since Jensen survives in all the endings. I mean seriously you didn't even get to confront your fiance.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back