Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Yeah I heard there is a trophy/achievement if you use stealth in every situation except for bosses. I think I'd go nuts. Apparently my calling was never to be a ninja....even in video game form

The only game where stealth has ever worked for me is Fallout 3/New Vegas. I can't play something like Splinter Cell because stealth works for a few minutes then the entire building is on alert, I'm dead, reload, repeat. :lol

Believe me I'm right there with you :lol

My brother saw me sneaking around a little when a lot of guys were around. He said, "You're actually using stealth?" I told him "Hell no, I'm just trying to get better placement to toss my frag grenade"

The metal gear games are pretty good with stealth. I'm currently playing the 80s pc versions that game in the MGS 3 sustenance set and stealth doesn't do jack there lol.

The metal gear games are pretty good with stealth. I'm currently playing the 80s pc versions that game in the MGS 3 sustenance set and stealth doesn't do jack there lol.

Yeah this one is definitely reminiscent of Metal Gear in many ways in terms of gameplay. Hell, Jensen even kinda looks like Snake.

Played some more last night. I'm liking it more and more after each session. Starting to get the hang of it.

Really having a great time with it here, too! The game is so much more like the first one than the second one was. That's basically a good thing as far as I'm concerned, because I loved the original, but it can also make some parts feel rather familiar. Lot of new stuff too, though, so I'm very engaged. Love the social boss fight conversations where you really have to read the NPC's character, replies, and even facial expressions to get them to cooperate; otherwise you're SOL - they won't help you, and just need to find another way.

And recently, there's been some strange information scrolling across the bottom of the start screen that I guess decrypts to a new DEHR ARG website (credit to someone else for figuring it out; I certainly didn't!)

13311tower.com

Not sure yet if I'm going to take the time to really get involved in this one. I generally prefer ARGs before the game's release.:unsure

Last edited:
Amazon finally shipped mine with it supposedly being here tomorrow which i doubt since it's in KY. Hopefully by saturday cause i'm really wanting to play. Did anyone get the augmented edition? You get a good bit for 10.00 more. I wish more companies would realize you'd sell more special editions if they weren't 20.00 more for 10.00 worth of stuff.
I thought there was to be a third version of the game that came with the stuff in the augmented edition plus a Playarts figure of the main character.

Last edited:
I got the 'augmented' edition, but honestly, compared to premium versions of other games, the extras included in this one are kinda lame; just a little art book and an extra disc with soundtrack and other stuff on it (no extra gameplay as far as I can tell). And no props or figures.

The company probably realized that adding the overpriced playarts figure would put the price out of range. Honestly square's toy line is crap quality wise anymore. Still 10.00 isn't bad compared to how bad bethesda ripped everyone off with the new vegas special edition.

Edit: i noticed the local redbox had this game to rent for 2.00 a day. Man I remember when 3.95 would get you a game rental for at least 3 days. i think this is as close to an American Ghost in the shell as we'll get.

Last edited:
A big cyberpunk and Deus Ex fan here. Just picked this up and so far I really like it! Im impressed that they got the vibe from the original. Definately a game in my taste!

It arrived today and after a few times getting my butt kicked i'm doing okay but I need to see if i can find a map option in the thing as i can't find my way around to do the side quests. Anyone else run across the two guys talking about Robocop yet?

I was thinking that too. The graphics in the movie parts looks great but still not as good as some other games that are older (Front mission evolution is horrid but the facial expressions were great). Maybe they went with a retro look so it fit in with the other 2 games in the series.

I just got it the other day and am only through part of the first mission. So far it's pretty good. I accidentally went into the women's restroom at the beginning (hey the signs looked odd so I couldn't figure it out :lol ). Anyway I went up to the tech guys office and he said something like "we didn't turn you into a woman we only installed implants. So stay out of the women's restroom." :lol

There is a ton of dialogue, i bet you could stand there and listen for hours. I love how it's not just the future but it's an alternate future as you see in some of the newspapers and magazines you find going back to 2007 or so.

The graphics is ok to me. Not as good as Red Dead, better than Fallout 3/NV. The graphic quality feels like Mass Effect 2 actually. I think it does it job and even if it couldve been better Im not thinking about it when playing.

The music is fantastic! A modern evolution of the original.

This is harder at the beginning than the original was.

I got to his apartment for the first time and it was like stepping into a scene from the bladerunner world. I also like that he has proof that he's as smart as that smuck tech guy hanging on the windows. Also I'm getting annoyed with the game when it comes to his crappy armor. I've boosted it as much as i can at the moment and i still get my butt handed to me on the easy setting. It's almost making me want to throw it in a drawer.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back