Detolf Prop Displays

franz bolo

Sr Member
Who has some IKEA Detolf Shelves? Post pics so I can get ideas for a cool display.

I just stick stuff in it but I'm sure there is a better way.

This is one I found online and is kind of what I might do unless I find a better way.

detolf0.jpg

why don't you post pics of your shelves so we can see what kind of things you want to display. like are the things big or small, have a common theme or random things from various movies. it would help to see what you have.

Random stuff mostly. I'll take a pic of what I have later tonight. Mostly a mix of helmets, models, light sabers, 3A toys etc.

Keep in mind that the shelves are not adjustable and some larger helmets will not fit, like the Rubies Supreme Vader. But a good value for an outstanding shelf.

TazMan2000

Keep in mind that the shelves are not adjustable and some larger helmets will not fit, like the Rubies Supreme Vader. But a good value for an outstanding shelf.

TazMan2000

I use 4 steel wire clamps (6mm) per shelf (fastened on the vertical posts) to place the shelf at every height I wish. A lot of people do so.
staaldraadklem 1.jpg

Those clamps are a good idea. I saw a guy modify it another way which looked pretty good.

Here is my mod to add an additional shelf to my Ikea Detolf.

I used:
8-32 threaded rod cut to 12.75"
Nylon L brackets
Nylon cylinders
8-32 nuts
Glass or Plexiglas cut to 15" x 11.5"

I got everything at Lowes, but they are common parts to any hardware store.

Attach the threaded rod with the L brackets as shown. The little cylinders are to keep the glass off the threads, but are not essential.

bolt.jpg

"Here is my mod to add an additional shelf to my Ikea Detolf.

I used:
8-32 threaded rod cut to 12.75"
Nylon L brackets
Nylon cylinders
8-32 nuts
Glass or Plexiglas cut to 15" x 11.5"
I got everything at Lowes, but they are common parts to any hardware store.
Attach the threaded rod with the L brackets as shown. The little cylinders are to keep the glass off the threads, but are not essential.

bolt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

So that's why they never have any in stock when I visit :D

There was a guy on here that joined 2 together, it looked pretty sweet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back