Detention Block Holocam

Had some time to work on this prop yesterday. Here's how I made room inside the viewers to mount the Blue Realm Studios lights. First I drilled out the rivet for the battery contact tab so it can be removed

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

Then pulled the tab out from under the frame

IMG_2171.jpg

Once this was removed I scored the plastic at spots I wanted it to break clean and removed the corner of the battery well so the BR light threaded portion was unobstructed and it could tighten down on a flat surface. This is tricky as the old plastic it pretty brittle - be careful and take your time! Then I Dremel'ed the edges clean!

IMG_2172.jpg

Then drilled the hole for the light mount and wiring

IMG_2173.jpg

I left one Trident Viewer intact so I had a reference to reassemble the others! I have to Bondo up the one hole that was present in the blue viewer when I received it, as two of these do not have lights. I need to get some hardware today, figure out the lights, and then order the paint!

Last edited:
FYI - I had to have one gallon of lacquer matched to Blue Realm's color swatch. I had three rattle cans charged with the paint and there's enough for 4-5 more cans! PM me if interested

Yes, I'm so sorry about that, I don't know why the blue changed like this...
You didn't spray the inside in the end? I think just spraying the inside would be fine and wouldn't need a clear or polish.
Looking forward to see the final prop, it looks awesome so far!

Don’t be will Matthieu, dyes can be tricky and unpredictable! I decided to spray the outside as I was concerned the paint may collect in the steps and not look uniform, the outside was a better gamble. I cleared it last night and will post pics this evening

i ordered more 5/8” red circle and 3/4” white circle decals and I should be wrapped up with this soon!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back