Detachable shield?

LucaLouise

Hey everyone, I've a question. I'm planning to make the full armor set + shield (if possible) from this picture way later this year.

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1c6b4107dc6655912e3c59b09f8b42e1&oe=5AE339B0

Now my question is, is there a possible way to detach the shield in multiple pieces for transport? Also for storage issues.

As for materials, I don't have access to pink insulation foam in my country so I can't use it. I also can't do any woodworking because nobody in my family has access to such tools.

Thanks in advance!

I'm certain that anything you'd be able to make the shield out of, could be split into as few pieces as you wanted, and hooked back together using some sort of sturdy bracing on the back.

as far as materials goes, if you don't have pig pink foam in your neck of the woods, you can look into the home gym floor matting that comes in big puzzle pieces that hook together. a heat gun, a sharp knife, and some patience, and you can make practically anything out of the stuff. You could also go for the much thinner craft foam, and build up the layers, but that's probably gonna take so much materials and layering that it'll bankrupt you.

you may also want to look into expanding spray foam. there's some of those that carve and shape really well. you could make the shape you want, cut it into bits, then cover it in a durable coating like plastidip or something, and you'd be golden.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back