Deep Space 9

Fantastic views of some of the set....I really loved the Directory Listing, which I've never really seen or noticed before. (Noticed the Forbin Project in there..great reference BTW) Very cool, and that last scene always brings a tear to my eye. It reminds me of how beautifully the love between Captain Sisco and his son Jake was expressed in this show. Thanks for sharing this.

Last edited:
Cool thanks for that one , and yeah looks like we will never get it on Blu! :unsure

I'm sure we will. Just hate waiting when one don't have a date or anything.
I haven't seen a single episode of DS9 so for me it will definitely be "all new Trek" even though it's over 20 years old :p

CBS has said we won't. TNG Blu-Ray sales were disappointing, compared to the cost of the remaster. And they have syndication revenues from the TNG:R to make up for it. DS9 has never been nearly as successful as TNG in rerun syndication. Markets are not clamoring for an HD DS9. I don't like it either, but them's the facts.

Also, it would cost more to remaster it than TNG, because after a certain point they stopped using physical models, so there isn't physical film to rescan for recompositing effects. The CG would have to be redone from scratch.

Last edited:
the TNG blu rays where expensive in this day and age. not sure if they are comparable to other sets of the like.....but still..I just not bought season 6 because I could afford it. and just finished picking up enterprise to complete the set.

not surprised they didn't sell well, but considering paramount is a huge company that could make all that back with one transformer film......
I say go the route on DS9 at least. Voyager probably wouldn't be worth it.

CBS has said we won't. TNG Blu-Ray sales were disappointing, compared to the cost of the remaster. And they have syndication revenues from the TNG:R to make up for it. DS9 has never been nearly as successful as TNG in rerun syndication. Markets are not clamoring for an HD DS9. I don't like it either, but them's the facts.

Also, it would cost more to remaster it than TNG, because after a certain point they stopped using physical models, so there isn't physical film to rescan for recompositing effects. The CG would have to be redone from scratch.

Not entirely correct. The CG assets as well as the actual animation files still exist - at least some. So they can technically be re-used and re-rendered at a higher resolution.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back