Death Star trench tiles for a themed home theater

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This was one of the cooler projects we've gotten to work on. A client of ours was having a themed home theater built, and was looking for a truly unique architectural element that would bring in a bit of "Star Wars" vibe without overpowering the room. Our suggestion was to use Death Star trench inspired tiles to add some futuristic texture, something recognizable to RPF types, but not to the casual fan. These would run around the lower walls, below the giant screen and along the stairs, like a wood wainscot in a more traditional room.

Victor Brown, an estate home designer in Ca designed the room and built an incredible theater (and home!). It's a stunning and incredibly high-tech theater and we're thrilled to have created this small part of it!

Brian Lewis created full scale prototypes (each 1 foot across and roughly 3-4" thick) of fourteen different tiles. Lonnie Hale tackled molding and casting, producting roughly 10 copies of each and painting them per the home's interior designer's specs. I couldn't be more proud of the work each did...

For more info, including a video showing the completed room, please check out our site... Star Wars Death Star inspired wall tiles - Custom Themed Home Theater Decor

And as always, if you want sneak peeks at this sort of thing, follow us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/TomSpinaDesigns

Enjoy the pics!

best,
Tom

Star-Wars-Home-Theater-Death-Star-Tiles-7.jpgStar-Wars-Home-Theater-Death-Star-Tiles-6.jpgStar-Wars-Home-Theater-Death-Star-Tiles-1.jpgStar-Wars-Home-Theater-Death-Star-Tiles-2.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! That is going to look a cool room, I look forward to the results!

(We're starting our attack run now!)

Absolutely fantastic. I've seen a lot of home theaters, and none are better than a fully realized design. Great job as always Tom, thanks for sharing!

oh......................my.....................god!!!

speechless at the awesomeness!!!!

great work :thumbsup

That is a really cool theater. Very well done, top notch. My only thing is, I would have one chair in the center that looked like the emperor's throne. Other than that, its perfect.

That is a really cool theater. Very well done, top notch. My only thing is, I would have one chair in the center that looked like the emperor's throne. Other than that, its perfect.

We'll mention that to the homeowner and the theater's designer ;)

Honestly, that'd be a cool addition, but it's a pretty amazing space as they've designed it (it's actually an amazing HOME as well, not just the home theater! Kudos to Victor Brown on just stunning work)

Tom

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back