DEATH STAR DROID - HEAD - FIRST CASTING POST #1

Difficult to know. It’s possible the lacquer has yellowed over the years, I always thought of it as a straight silver, but then weathered back. I must admit I thought the eyes were darker like the action figure, but seeing that prop, they must of just been tinted or weathered back a bit. I Think of this silver version as the prominent Death Star droid, due to the Kenner figure. But I guess he wasn’t on the Death Star in silver finish. I’d certainly love to buy from you in a silver type finish. What ever tint you decide I know it will be stunning.
i think the eyes are dark on manipulated photographs, they were never dark in my opinion, only heavily weathered.

can you see the colour difference on the droid sitting down?

for those that did not see it on facebook, member fimmo has finished one using molotow ink through a spray gun.
impressive results i hope you will agree.....screencaps from the video used with permission.
SWYjvhv.jpg

fKx3oyw.jpg

JHZR9Nu.jpg

That's just all kinds of damn sexy right there!!! :love: (y)

Now it's time to do research on Molotow Ink... & then, how to use a spray gun, instead of a spray can ;)

help needed, does anyone have a close up HI REZ image of the chest greeble please, i thought i had but its not that hi rez #sadface
ive trawled through flickr google pintrest etc..
xhGXML1.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a few other reasonable quality pics from different angles by searching RA-7 protocol droid. Some of them require venturing into pinterest :sick:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back