Death Star Crane

Jason, a technical question - Your scrapes looks really good. Were they done by masking with latex, real scrap away or painted on? Or something else entirely?

They scale really nicely.

Thanks! It's all just a 000 Winsor Newton Series 7 sable, with Vallejo black and white. I continually pull from both colors in the porcelain dish, so the greys I am hand painting are never the same, and I will go back with blacker and near-white to highlight some of the larger scratches, to make it look like light is either crating a shadow or hitting a raised "burr" in the surface. I will sometimes mix in purple, too, but not on this one.

And man, I am not a kit maker - THOUGH the crane's truck rails are included in a future greeblie pack :)

Oh its appreciated! What I do with Jason's crane in the privacy of my own home is my business!! LOL Folks its a masterpiece.. for sure its simple... elegant.. ILM repro kitbashgasm stuff. the weathering is top notch.... I had to have it. Thank you Jason for the opportunity to own a Roboterkampf approved item! My first of many I think.

You took my baby! :lol But then again, you paid for my rolled steel 28" wide custom side house door from Lowes. These old houses are killer on the pocketbook. People were... narrower back then.

1933418_10153891958703156_2228714211556398034_o.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back