Death Eater costume help... And then build.

Ok guys, I'm taking another casting of the mask and smoothing out all the divots with bondo. I need to do two things, and I'm at a loss.

1. I need to sink the eye sockets as my eyes are set extremely deep. I know a lot of you bucket masters know what I need to do. Do I just cut them out with a dremel and completely resculpt them? Which brings me to my second question.

2. I want to cover the entire bondo'd casting in a thin layer of sculpey, so I can carve a design in it, much like the screen used masks. Once I do this, how can I bake the sculpey without melting the resin casting?

Of course, I want to make a mold of this one to cast the final mask in resin.

Thank in advance!
r

Yeah, I'm definitely doing a Death Eater, no matter what!

I'm just desperately trying to search for some costume references to go with the mask I got from Pete (PeteSSS)

The new page to screen book has about 2 pages of death eater costume detail that would have been invaluable to us about two months ago. It has belt and wand holster details. As well as many close mask pics.

Robert, cut them out and resculpt them, also use apoxy sculpt instead of sculpy, you don't have to bake it. That way you can sculpt in detail or dremel and sand or what ever you want. If you have'nt used it before, I think you'll really like it, even better than sculpy.

Maybe today, I can upload some pics...
photo-13.jpg

I know it's been a while, but I got the necessary dremel bits, and I'm gonna start working tomorrow!

I'm super exciting!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back