Dean Cain Superman

Reilly094

Hi,

So I've been wanting to do a Superman cosplay, and well, lockdown added more than a few pounds, so I have some time to assemble a costume before I'm even close to ready to wear it. Dean was my Superman when I was a little kid, and my physique (when anywhere near shape) is most in line with his, and I'm a bit shorter, dark eyes etc. My point in all of this, is that piecing together a decent Lois and Clark Superman suit is kind of difficult. I can find S-shield patches on eBay. I'm assuming a dark royal blue spandex suit would do for the base. I'm not sure what to do about the belt buckle (his was rectangular) and boots (his didn't have the "m" top). Any suggestions for a Dean Cain style cosplay would be welcome.

Just wanted to wish you luck with your project.Don't be discouraged by weight gain; it happened (and happens) to all of us, especially in these tough times.Take heart and comfort from the fact that at least 50% of mankind isn't Alpha anymore; we don't hunt mammoths 24/7 anymore, nor do we have the time anymore to workout to get that physique (let's skip the talk about drinking raw eggs poured in a glass:eek:) unless you're in the movie business (and even they struggle now).Most of us have office jobs and Beta bodies, and unless you're cosplaying, we're not walking around in bear skin (or bare skin) outfits.

One trump card I can think of is add/wear EVA foam muscle suit underneath the spandex to both fake physique and compress posture.So perhaps a 6mm foam torso underneath spandex can compensate until you have the chance to work on yourself up to the point where you feel comfortable wearing only the spandex without a muscle suit.

Good luck and above all: enjoy crafting! I hope you will get the responses and help for your project

I ordered a royal blue zentai suit, so now I just need to find a decent pair of boots and a cape. Then I can put it together... well, I will still need to hit the weights and do some cardio, I need to drop more than a few pounds. For what it's worth, I would recommend DDPYoga for increasing flexibility and weight loss. You can get a great workout in a short amount of time. It's also great for toning, but you would most likely still need to use weights for muscle gain.

Perhaps start with cardio and lose weight first.That'll be exhausting and challenging enough when you're starting all over again.Just a thought

That's a good idea. I've been going for long brisk walks and lifting very light weights just to kind of get my body used to the idea of fitness again. I try to keep my calories between 1200 and 1500 everyday, and of course drink plenty of water.

I found this one for beginners (at home cardio/fitness & no accessories needed:

And then after a period of adjusting and growth perhaps move on to these:

I am sure there are more or better; these are just a few examples with few requirements.

*Bonus: last but not least: go all the way in 'beast-mode' :

*Tip: there's actually an RPF fitness thread for tips, tricks & motivation:

Last edited:
I found this one for beginners (at home cardio/fitness & no accessories needed:

And then after a period of adjusting and growth perhaps move on to these:

I am sure there are more or better; these are just a few examples with few requirements.

*Bonus: last but not least: go all the way in 'beast-mode' :

*Tip: there's actually an RPF fitness thread for tips, tricks & motivation:
Wow! Thank you so much!

One has to start somewhere; most importantly: injury-free, so perhaps slower than desirable, but nevertheless get and remain motivated.Watch movies/series,look at toys and pictures.Take it in, get excited about your project and fandom, and keep pushing yourself within the boundries of your abilities when it comes to workouts.I recognize the hurdle to take when starting at the beginning or all over again after a while.Keep going at it ! You'll 'be' your project one day;) Remember:"The S stands for hope".

Last edited:
Another video I found,ofcourse when considering the content and background of this material, use it as a framework for your own workout at your own level as the instructor confirms.The benefit here as perhaps with other (army) drill videos is that they are coming from a legit source if you will and cover all aspects of the body:
Take from it what you can/will.For your consideration, but naturally at your own level.I hope it helps !

I strongly encourage you to check out Beachbody On Demand (Beachbody on Demand)

Beachbody is the parent company to fitness programs like P90X, Insanity, and many others...

The membership is $100/year and gives you access to all of Beachbody's programs including workout calendars, trackers, and nutrition guides.

Everything can be down from home with basic equipment (e.g. dumbbells, pull-up bar, etc.).

Sean

For boots you can use these , I used them before. They look the part, but fair warning, you get what you pay for, they are cheap and the red starts to flake off after the third or fourth time you wear them.

As for weight loss, strength training burns more calories than cardio, your body uses more calories to repair the muscles afterwards and bigger muscles need more calories to just function in general. Diet is the most important part, caloric deficit, but eat enough protein to maintain muscle. Usually a gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. I had a lot of success using that method to fit in the Superman outfit in my profile picture.

For boots you can use these , I used them before. They look the part, but fair warning, you get what you pay for, they are cheap and the red starts to flake off after the third or fourth time you wear them.

As for weight loss, strength training burns more calories than cardio, your body uses more calories to repair the muscles afterwards and bigger muscles need more calories to just function in general. Diet is the most important part, caloric deficit, but eat enough protein to maintain muscle. Usually a gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. I had a lot of success using that method to fit in the Superman outfit in my profile picture.
Thanks!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back