My Robocop 2 Cain

PAULH

I've not posted for a while but as I'm very pleased with the outcome of this project, I thought I'd share. This is a resin print which I bought on eBay and the files for it came from Gambody.com. To the top of his head, he's 380mm or 15" so looks to be about the size of the stop-motion model I've seen on Tested.com. At £90 ($110), I thought this was cheap - so worth a go. I had to remove all the supporting material and then wash the parts in IPA. Print quality was fantastic with not too much sanding needed. I bought small hoses, normally used for super-detailing 1/8 model cars and 3mm aluminium rod for the joints. The model has multiple points of articulation but I figured that the resin could wear and joints would become loose - so the joints were glued once I'd settled on the pose I wanted. Then it was just a case of the usual priming, painting, assembling and weathering. Painting was a combination of AK Chrome, Tamiya acrylics, humbrol enamels, and Abteilung oil for weathering. I also made decals with `Mr Decal' Decal Paper.
Cain 6.jpg

CAIN 1.jpg
Cain 2.jpg
Cain 4.jpg
Cain 5.jpg
Cain 3.jpg

That turned out awesome. What did you do to support the weight of the torso and arms and where did you get those hoses?
Thanks ! The torso is pretty much hollow other than some supporting material so it's not too heavy. I glued all the joints in the legs and it's ended up very stable. There are four points of articulation starting at the hip. The silver hoses are 1.9mm "conduit hose" from primeminiatures.co.uk and the black hoses are 3mm PVC from seller `Motocollect' on eBay. In both cases these are mainly sold for super-detailing large-scale model cars but perfectly suited my use.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back