Deal gone bad with Darthchiro!

I understand that this has aired dirty laundry, and it has caused bad blood. This, in my opinion, was the only way that got the attention it needed. Good, bad, or indifferent.
I am not hard to get along with, I just need the communication!

Much as I regret to, I have to agree with this. It seems that posting in public is the only way to get a definite 'reaction' instead of promises.

Not refering to this case in particular, but in general over several dozen similar threads.

With regards to this case, the way I see it is that the 'latest' agreement reached was to provide a refund of money paid.

And therefore, so it should be done.

Judge Spartan - the aim of these kinds of threads is not to get anybody banned.

This is not a case of recasting or similar. It is just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

At this early stage, banning is last thing on anybody's mind.

Everybody just wishes to see a happy ending :thumbsup

Banning is kind of an irrevocable step.... I was kind of
wondering about a TEMPORARY suspension of RPF privileges
until DC provides some sort of conclusion to the business
deal he voluntarily entered into and has thus far been the
only one to profit from.

I think that is a good idea, Cut off his Junkyard privileges and stop him from selling anything else till he is caught up. I believe this has been done in the past for (to) other members.

Maybe from now on there should be a rules instituted on the board here--
1. ALWAYS SEND A PAYPAL INVOICE
2. NEVER USE THE GIFT PAYMENT
3.AT DAY 44 FILE A CLAIM

Just my 2 cents minus the paypal fees!!!

Maybe from now on there should be a rules instituted on the board here--
1. ALWAYS SEND A PAYPAL INVOICE
2. NEVER USE THE GIFT PAYMENT
3.AT DAY 44 FILE A CLAIM

Just my 2 cents minus the paypal fees!!!

Basically, common sense. I do agree perhaps this would be a good addition to the JY rules, along with If you don't have it in hand DON"T sell it. IE you get paid after the commission is done.
I also think that any commission work needs to have a written agreement from now on, no more of this "we didn't agree on a date.." If you commission something from another member both of you get everything in writing.

A real simple form

I____________ have commissioned ________ to build ___________ for the price of __________ and both parties have agreed to have it payed off by_____ and delivered by _______ should either party default on any of the agreed upon terms the out come shall be ________________

Unfortunately, many of the hobbyists who do work at the
RPF lack the resources to capitalize a project on behalf of
someone else. Hence there is often a need for "venture
capital". Remember, you're normally dealing with hobbyists,
not Studios.

A real simple form

I____________ have commissioned ________ to build ___________ for the price of __________ and both parties have agreed to have it payed off by_____ and delivered by _______ should either party default on any of the agreed upon terms the out come shall be ________________

I think this is a good idea. Its the same with photography work, everyone covering themselves.

Hindsight is 20/20 folks. I will handle my dealings quite differently from now on.
As far as banning is concerned, I'm not looking for that, his reputation as a seller is on the line, potential buyers will be warry. If he comes through with the refund, he clears his name, plain and simple.

I just want my money back, and I want to know when!

Hindsight is 20/20 folks. I will handle my dealings quite differently from now on.
As far as banning is concerned, I'm not looking for that, his reputation as a seller is on the line, potential buyers will be warry. If he comes through with the refund, he clears his name, plain and simple.

I just want my money back, and I want to know when!
I think as far as his rep HERE goes, he shot it full of holes on this one.

Yep straight Shotgun to the chest full of holes.... :confused The man wants a refund So refund him not that hard..

Agreed. If you fail to do something for some reason and he wants his money back, you give him his money. It doesn't get much easier than that in my mind.

Tomcmustang - Thats a shame, but at least it looks like you got fifty back.

That is a positive note! If thats all I get now and again, that would be great, but I can't even get a straight answer about the subject.

This is all too bad for him in the long run. I have 3 other projects that I've started farming out, that he could have had, if he would have just come through on the first sculpt.

Outlander - If you gotta work that hard just to get $50.00... what's he gotta do for the remainder?

Well, if I knew that, I might have my money back!

Wow, i've read a couple threads on this site about deals going south or someone getting cheated. It makes me even more reserved on buying or making anything for anyone.

Bump back to the top for some exposure.
5 days and no reply to my refund request question!
The same one I've been asking for months, When is it coming?
The amount of attention this thread has gotten may have scared him off.
I believe that DC has chosen to stand mute rather than face the issue.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back