Deal gone bad with Darthchiro!

Re: Deal gone bad!

I have some swap in Florida to sell you :lol... Sorry couldnt pass it up... Hope he pays you..... Hate people like that.... :confused

Re: Deal gone bad!

I'm never really unduly worried about having paid with PayPal and their silly 45 day time limit either.

I had asked my bank yonks ago about this, since I use my Visa for PayPal.

They had told me there is no hard and fast time-limit to make a claim through Visa, even if a year has gone by.

This is especially good, for example, with pre-order items, as they often go way beyond their target date.

A Credit Card company takes precedence, not PayPal.

For me, PayPal is just a 'safety tool' for not giving out card details to all and sundry.

Word of advice for all members - use a card for PayPal.

Alan is correct, VS/MC have strict guidelines for credit card purchases, and the responsibility falls on the merchant to show they have made good on their promises, if they dont then the funds are returned to the card holder in the form of a filed charge back. When in doubt file a charge back claim, some cards allow you to go back 1 year.

Apparently this guy is a starving artist with a tendency to
overreach. Let's see Greg Stone, Wolf Morgan, Droidboy,
Durasteal, Living Force.... RPF can never get enough of
these guys.

Updated first post!

This guy has attitude now, and he's the one who owes me money!
Seriously, what is wrong with people.

Upated the first post string of emails, but I will repost here and address it.

Darthchiro
"attitude? i see you like to post every word on the board, so I will tell you nothing more than when there a payment. What I owe you is the bottle. I realize hotshoit ruined you plan but that wasn't my problem. no date was set for this and until he posted his pics did you want more progress. YOu had to pay for disney and were in no hurry to finish it upo until you saw he wsa offering hius. So I will go back to the deal I will finish it for you, thats what I owe you."

Mxlplx
Yes attitude. You come off as if I bother you asking for updates! Please remember that I am the customer here, I believe I deserve updates for something I put a deposit on.

Yes I have posted this for the rest of the forum to see, everyone needs to know up front whom they are dealing with if they choose to do business with you. You only reply to me when I ask for payment, you have never been proactive with communication. The only time we spoke was when you wanted a deposit. Other than that, I have initiated everything.

No, you don't owe me the bottle, you owe me a refund of $250.00.
Hotshot and I had a coversation, and he was fine with my plans to do these, so butting heads with him wasn't an issue.

There was a date set. You said you could have this done in 4 weeks. I asked for 6 weeks so that I could give you 3 payments from my bi-weekly checks. So, 6 weeks from deposit puts us finished in mid May! In my opinion, this does not give you the right to take the "you will finish this whenever you feel like it" attitude.

You had plenty of pics to run with this project, my trip to Universal was just a bonus for detailed pics to help make this project as close to perfect as possible.

I want a refund, I do not want you to start another sculpt. That would be rediculous at this point.

Last edited:
No no date was set at any point, all was said was not too quick since you had the disney trip to pay. It was not said or writen down. I do owe you the bottle and now that i am set up to finish that Is all I owe you. I'm not going to bakc out of the deal

And I nevver at any point stopped coomunicating and I am still communicating your just not getting exactly what you want to hear. Again you buying 2 bottle from hotshot was not part of my deal. I will start on this next week and post in this thread.

I understand your frustration in all of this, I have been there myself. But I think you should reconsider posting every message between you and Darthchiro. I did it once in pure frustration at the conflicting story the other person was conveying about what was being said. All it did was paint us both as idiots though really.

But it is something I have regretted since and will never do again. You think to yourself it's justified, but it's not, at least in my mind, I think it's a betrayal of trust, and for every member who will say it's ok, there will be a dozen who won't say anything but will make a mental note never to do business with you because of it.

I sincerely hope you get your refund or sort this out to a mutual agreement.

That's why I never transfer paypal funds to my bank account unless I've shipped something to someone. I don't see how people take money from paypal and use them before even finishing the job. And this stuff happens all the time on here.

No no date was set at any point, all was said was not too quick since you had the disney trip to pay. It was not said or writen down. I do owe you the bottle and now that i am set up to finish that Is all I owe you. I'm not going to bakc out of the deal

And I nevver at any point stopped coomunicating and I am still communicating your just not getting exactly what you want to hear. Again you buying 2 bottle from hotshot was not part of my deal. I will start on this next week and post in this thread.

You are correct, I had to pay for my trip to Universal, that is another reason I didn't want this done in 4 weeks. That would have landed in the end of April and in the middle of my trip. I asked you to stretch this out to 6 weeks and 3 payments, which fell into mid May. It was said, and yes, it was not written down. But, On 5-19-11 when I asked for a refund, you agreed! That was written, honor it!

Again, you are correct, you have never stopped communicating, you never initiated any communication, but you always seem to reply in the "I'll get it to you when I get it to you" attitude. I don't believe that it was what any refundee wants to hear.

As far as Hotshots project is concerned, It really doesn't matter how many I buy from him, he has a product I want. If you HAD a product I would have followed through with payments. You destroyed what little progress you had made in our deal, through your move. Personally, If I knew I had $900 coming to me as soon as I did some work, I'd be damned sure to finish it, and protect it from any possible damage in a move.

Once again, you starting the task at this point is moot. You will waste all of your time and effort, because there is no way I will ever send you money again! All I want is the refund and I will never bother you again.

So... after all the back and forth, what is the agreed
upon go ahead? I understand that there are recriminations
on both sides; but what is expected now? 50$ a month? A
new sculpture?

It seems to me that the original agreement was the delivery
of a sculpt. When DarthC could not provide that, a new
agreement was made for a refund. When DarthC was unable
or unwilling to complete this agreement, a third agreement
was entered upon where a refund was to be provided in
monthly payments until the entire balance is redressed.

Is that about the size of it? Mxlplyx completed his part
of the deal, which was to provide payment. So... uh,
what is DarthC prepared to do in return for the money
he/she/ or it has already been paid? And when is this
supposed to occur?

There seems to be a difference of opinion as to what
constitutes a reasonable interval to wait.

My understanding is

1. Deal made deposit sent expected deliver 6 weeks..all agreed.
2. Darthc Has had some personal issues, deal went south
3. Mxlplx requested refund from Darthc. Both agreed.

5-19-11 Mxlplx
I think this is best send me my deposit back.

5-19-11 Darthchiro
sure i agree, i'll let you know when i have it

4. Darthc. kept pushing back payments but first payment is sent.
7-22-11
4:45pm EST
I received a $50.00 paypal payment with a note that said partial refund, no other communication. $250.00 debt remains.

Now that this is all posted in public Darthc has decided to finish the sculpt and not refund the money. Again this is just how I read it.

I wonder what DC will consider a new reasonable deadline
for this sculpt. A sculpt of what, exactly? The need for a
Skele-grow sculpt is now past.

Gents, I am wondering the same thing. It has never been spelled out.
I have asked the questions, and given ample time, but no real answers are coming back.
Yes, I commissioned a sculpt. When the sculpt was not getting the attention I thought it should have, I got skiddish. When the sculpt was destroyed, I asked for a refund.
There lies the problem, I have no idea when the refund is coming. I think 2 months after asking for it is plenty of time to come up with a plan to return it. I can work with payments, I just want to know when. DC is right, he's not telling me what I want to hear, I'd like a timeframe and a plan. I don't understand how you can tell a customer that he will get a refund when he gets it. That just doesn't work. As far as the sculpt is concerned, I do not think it would be worth DC's time and effort to start a new sculpt and get it to me for the remaining balance of $250.00. I will not be payng him any more for his efforts, so the easiest thing to do for both of us is communicate when this refund is supposed to happen!

I understand that this has aired dirty laundry, and it has caused bad blood. This, in my opinion, was the only way that got the attention it needed. Good, bad, or indifferent.
I am not hard to get along with, I just need the communication!

I've got PMs I've saved named Neal who used to call himself
The Living Force. He took about $350.00 -$400.Oo in cash and
props to paint a motorcycle helmet for me. Week after week,
month after month, tragedy and setbacks and relocations
befell him.

It was easier for him to stop coming here than it was for
him to deliver on his contract.

Get a date of completion. Or a date of refund. Delivery
at deadline or ask the moderators to suspend him until
he comes to term. Failing help from Admins, I believe
London Ontario is about a 90 minute drive from Detroit.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back