Deadpool FaceShell Build

krayzielilsmoki

My brother in law ordered a deadpool costume and the mask looked horrible so I told him to order a blank one and Ill try to make the mask
Here is how that went.

We started off with a spiderman face shell pep file

Figured that would be a good shape for the head.
This is my brother in law trying it on, looks like it fits but the back of the top will need to be adjusted.

I put some fiberglass resin on it to harden it and bought a cheap full face mask that I will cut up for the eye lenses

Now to get it right

I used this picture as reference

Next I drew out the shape

I cut it a bit wider than my outline but I liked the look of it so I kept it big

For the shell I cut slits in the back few rows and bent them forward to give it a nice contour that fits his head

The mask I cut up was very flimsy plastic so I needed to harden it. I first wrapped the shell in foil (fiberglass does not stick to foil)

Next I layered some fiberglass on the inside of th cut up pieces and placed it on the shell, then I used rubberbands to hold in in place until it hardened

Here is my brother trying it on once it hardened and trimmed

I did a base of white primer and cut the eye holes out... kind of looks like spawn here

Next I painted them black

I temporarily taped some white paper for the eyes to give that white look until I get some white mesh

Here are the pieces

three magnets for each eye piece

and the somewhat finished product

I still need to clean up the eye pieces a little bit and, I need to put the white mesh for the eyes, I need to drill some holes for breathing, and I might do a coat of primer on the shell just to make it all one color.
I am very satisfied with the look.
Let me know what you guys think.

The paint dried so I took some more pictures.
Here is what it looks like as of right now

Here you can see the air holes I drilled and the foam padding

oh and I painted it black

Here is what he was originally planning on using for his mask ahhaaha

If anybody is curious what I used for padding

I forgot to add that I used a heat gun to bend the plastic mask a bit around the nose to have it a little more flush to the shell. It made it sit a little better in the end.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back