Deadpool faceshell and interchangeable expressions (why should the spidey fans only g

Randy Guhl

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys thought I'd post a thread of my deadpool faceshell and frame combo. Its deffinitely one of the builds I've done that I'm most proud of.

So first off the idea came from customers purchasing numerous variations of my deadpool masks so they could have different expressions, i felt it would save them time having a mask that would allow to have interchangeable expressions and it would save me time sewing additional hoods (i complete hate sewing)
Heres a pic of my old mask.
uploadfromtaptalk1431093979228.jpg in then scrapped that idea and teamed up with my bud stevie from crimson coscrafts to render a 3d model that I could print and finishuploadfromtaptalk1431094442903.jpg
As you can see the model looks fantastic and I highly recommend working with stevie if you need a model built.
So i finally got the print back uploadfromtaptalk1431094525461.jpg and after some time got it ready for moldinguploadfromtaptalk1431094561940.jpg i did a few light rondo coats brushed on with a foam brush so it would fill in the print lines and then i sanded it with 220 grit sandpaper. Now finally able to apply silicone and a mother shell it was time to knock these outuploadfromtaptalk1431094672550.jpg
I have started roto casting them but sid cast a fiberglass buck so i could also vacuum form them for better consistency. As far as the eye pieces those were a little trickier to mold but i molded it as a two piece mold so it would be able to best replicate the print.uploadfromtaptalk1431094816939.jpg so now that i had molds it came to to produce some shells. I used Sc65d for the shell and SC onyx fast for the eye pieces uploadfromtaptalk1431094921211.jpg now that i had my parts now came assembly. I partnered with ken landrum who was working on a pattern for the new deadpool movie and gave his mask pattern a test after some modifications we got a good template and came the (not so) fun task of sewing uploadfromtaptalk1431095042905.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431095216247.jpeg now that i had the hood sewn up and the magnets in the only step left was the eye mesh material. so for this i have used two different materials my preffered material is the white plastic mesh from joanns because it doesn't fog up i spray the back side with black plastidip because it eliminates the glare when looking through. But for the look with more sheen i use .010 PETG and perforated vinyl (most people have trouble finding this my secret is look up places that do window graphics they can print any color or you can get white. The best part is the back side is already black) so now that all the pieces are in place now comes a finished mask. uploadfromtaptalk1431095598921.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431095629023.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431095661903.jpg I'll post client pictures as they come. But i did mention alternate expressions and those have just been finished and are ready to print the expressions are confused, happy and entenseuploadfromtaptalk1431095745546.jpeg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431094349519.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431094349519.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 140
  • uploadfromtaptalk1431095498085.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431095498085.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 157
Re: Deadpool faceshell and interchangeable expressions (why should the spidey fans on

For anyone wondering about this, it is an awesome looking mask and the detachable eyes come in very handy. Here is mine with my Denver Comicon costume this last weekend.

9FCMBX6.jpg

And another shot of just the mask

2IRoG63.jpg

Re: Deadpool faceshell and interchangeable expressions (why should the spidey fans on

Glad it worked well for you too bad i didn't get a pic of you and my other buddy rocking them

That is awesome! Great idea my man
Thanks i appreciate that. The prototyping took way too long but im happy that this is going to be pretty much full production mode soon

For anyone wondering about this, it is an awesome looking mask and the detachable eyes come in very handy. Here is mine with my Denver Comicon costume this last weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/9FCMBX6.jpg

And another shot of just the mask

http://i.imgur.com/2IRoG63.jpg
Too bad i wasn't able to snag a pic with you
Glad it worked well for you too bad i didn't get a pic of you and my other buddy rocking them

Many happy customers [emoji1] uploadfromtaptalk1442726226818.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1442726290275.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I am looking for in a mask. Having the interchangeable pieces opens up possibilities for more unique cosplay photos with ease of use. I am greatly interested in purchasing something along these lines if you would please message me and we can discuss off the boards as I do not wish to speak of business on the forums. I look forward to your response, and please keep us posted on your talented work.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back