Deadpool Costume Build (movie version)

I did make registration keys :(

There was a guy on here doing a Starlord costume that put foam pieces into a leather jacket. I can't remember exactly what he used for adhesive. I want to say superglue. I have some superglue that says it's good for leather. So it might be alright? But that was going to be my plan when I make my next suit from scratch.
Oh i just must not have seen them

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Oh i just must not have seen them
Well, I had to cut the mold to open it, so I cut through them. I put about 20 dimples about 1/8 inch deep into the clay. I should have taken a picture before pouring the second side. Its ok though. Its a learning process. I miscalculated the volume for the first pour and barely had enough to cover it. It was pretty thin on the one side.

I'm going to try to build the shell for the backside of the gloves out of clay this weekend, and make a mold of that. That'll be easier to mold I think. I'm just gonna do a one piece mold. The clay sculpting though, that's gonna be hard. I've never sculpted anything. Ever.

This weekend I started "sculpting" the back shell for the hand. I've never sculpted anything in my life. So...yeah.

I made a plaster cast of my hand so I have something to hold the back shell when I pour the rubber. We'll see what happens.

Attachments

• 20150907_134931_resized.jpg
    20150907_134931_resized.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20150908_060247_resized.jpg
    20150908_060247_resized.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 20150908_060257_resized.jpg
    20150908_060257_resized.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 98
I'm running out of time. The alterations to the suit should be done soon, and in the mean time I ordered these 2 guys on Amazon. I'm having to settle on a few things, and I'm not happy about it. But I need a complete costume, and it should be OK. However it's not as accurate as I'd like. There are too many things made specifically for the costume and I don't have that kind of money to spend, or services at my disposal.

Attachments

• 41RFKWXlyjL.jpg
    41RFKWXlyjL.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 124
Had to totally scrap the hand mold. I was in too much of a rush to mix and pour the mold, and I miscalculated how much activator I needed. Instead of 10:1, I mixed it at 100:1. It never set. I have more on the way, and I'm going to try to sculpt the clay again and at least get the hands ready for the mold and just wait until the rubber comes in the mail.

Found a rather impressive replica glove someone made online.. I'm not entirely sure about the origin- it was on imgur

View attachment 530808
Holy crap! I'll have to check out the link! Thanks!!
I saw that glove too, you beat me to posting it. The guy seemed to nail it.

So my flight is in about 5 hours, and my wife and I are busting our butts to get this thing as close to done as I can. The shin guards were a bust. My foam crafting needs some practice, and the foam I was using was WAY too thick. I think I had 3/8' foam. I needed either 1/4 or 1/8. Probably 1/8 would have been best. I ordered some shin guards to get me through my get together. The guns are waiting for me in North Carolina, as well as the swords and shin guards. More pictures to come after the weekend!

- - - Updated - - -

The gloves were an absolute failure too. So I'm having to make due with fingerless gloves over a set of regular gloves. C'est la vie!

Attachments

• 20150928_232203_resized.jpg
    20150928_232203_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 626
Ok, so the comic book themed wedding was awesome! My costume was a decent success. I had to do some last minute things, and a few things didn't turn out as I had hoped, but overall it was fun. I came to realize, that in the grand scheme of things the tiny things I focused on, no one else even noticed. So I'm happy. At the end of the month I'm going to go to a bunch of costume parties to maximize the use of all the money I spent! I'm going to fix a few things here and there, and try to improve other things. Here's a few pictures I snapped tonight. I'm waiting on the wedding photographer to finish with all the pictures he took, and I'll post more later.

A couple of things kind of went south at the last minute. One mask was crushed during travel, which of course was the one that looked better...which caused me to lose my cool at the airport. I wasn't arrested, so I guess that's the bright side. I had a back up on my carry on but I really wanted to use the one that was crushed. The swords were a complete failure. I had no way to do any kind of makeshift strap set up so I literally screwed them to the jacket. I'll definitely do the next swords with backpack style straps. The shin guards are constructed from riot gear shin guards. They started out as complete coverings from the knee to the top of the foot. I ended up using shears and cutting off the knee and foot portion. They turned out doable. The strap kept falling while snapping these couple of pictures. I'm going to have to throw some velcro on the shoulder to keep it in place. During the wedding I used double sided tape, which you can see in a couple of pictures.

I hate that you can see skin between the sleeves and the gloves. Definitely have to fix that.

I think over time I'll collect bits and pieces, now that I have a complete costume and was able to do it all in about 3 months. Next project, costume from scratch!

Attachments

• 20151016_214216_resized_1.jpg
    20151016_214216_resized_1.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 20151016_214150_resized_1.jpg
    20151016_214150_resized_1.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 20151016_214112_resized_1.jpg
    20151016_214112_resized_1.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 20151016_214025_resized_1.jpg
    20151016_214025_resized_1.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 288
One last picture from last night. Had a blast, and the costume turned out good. Might not be a "movie replica" but I'm thoroughly pleased. The wife dressed up as Death. The costumes were a hit, even though I was called Ant-Man twice!

Attachments

• 7Z7G8743.jpg
    7Z7G8743.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 707
Well done brother. You look fantastic. I too feel your pain on trying to get things to be movie accurate and i just completed my Captain America AOU suit and while everyone that saw it said it looked fantastic there were still things i ran out of time to get right so i settled.

Your DP suit and gear looks really good man. I am actually researching and thinking about making a run of Con Friendly Movie Accurate guns. I found some that are nearly identical to what is used on screen but the cost is about $180-$200 per gun. Granted most of these are real metal and are c02 with real gas blowback some people dont have $400.00 to blow on two toy guns. That being said i think i found something that is close and relatively inexpensive. It will need some weathering and some modification to the top of the barrel to get all the groves of the .50AE XIX model they only cost around $90 for the pair including the ride and are 1:1 replica in size. Also starting with silver rather than black i can use some acrylic or some of my special automotive paints to give it a Tungsten / Gunmetal type finish. Once i get mine and modify them ill take some pics and report my findings. Might be willing to start a run and buy a bulk load of guns and mod them for the users here if there is enough interest.

Handling-giant-gun.jpgLooks-like-were-some-rooftop-action.jpgdownload.jpg

hey dudes! I am looking to make a deadpool costume, but have it pretty cheap. I already have a comic deadpool suit from herostime.com, but that was before I knew the movie was coming out! so on Instagram ik this guy @el_fett who has the perfect material for the deadpool costume. I think he said he actually knew the guy who made the mask on deadpool itself. I asked him the price and he said 420$ and I just don't have money to use on silly stuff like a 420$ mask. but if no one can find the material does any one know how id spray paint the pattern on to some normal spandex?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back