DB P2 Round 4+Cheap Quills

Milk1

Well after the first three paint jobs, I decided to just try a more traditional style. It could be better, but latex paint sucks in an airbrush for small detail. Also came up with an idea for really cheap quills. Toothpicks! They are even in elder style color LOL!
premask4001.jpg.gif

premask4002.jpg.gif

premask4003.jpg.gif

premask4004.jpg.gif

premask4005.jpg.gif

This looks good...why not paint it in Pred 2 style patterns and colors though since it is a Pred 2 mask right? Looks cool though like this, good job.

Well after the first three paint jobs, I decided to just try a more traditional style. It could be better, but latex paint sucks in an airbrush for small detail. Also came up with an idea for really cheap quills. Toothpicks! They are even in elder style color LOL!
premask4001.jpg.gif

premask4002.jpg.gif

premask4003.jpg.gif

premask4004.jpg.gif

premask4005.jpg.gif

I like the paint up, i have been discussing a P1 paint up on a P2 mask wth several friends here for a while now, think ill give it a shot on one of my P2's after seeing how well yours came out.

congrats :)

oh btw, toothpick idea has been used plenty before, just do not try and put a bio on heheh.

Looks great and clever idea using the cocktail sticks, really emphasises the quills and the tusks look awesome, well done mate

Thanks for the compliments! l I picked up some createx today, and it works much better for small details and does not gunk up the airbrush. I only sprayed one side so you can see the difference. I also order some perma-wet that should be here monday.
premask5002.jpg.gif

premask5001.jpg.gif

I finished up the paint job and sealed it up with some perma-wet. Now I am just working on my dreadlocks. I made about 30 so far.
predmask5001.jpg.gif

predmask5003.jpg.gif

predmask5004.jpg.gif

man he turned out very well.... delighted... one suggestion tho.. maybe colour the quills......

again fairplay..he turned out brilliant

Looks great. I have an item for you. Super Sculpy Bendable for the quils. Cheap and super glue sticks to it. comes in a bunch of colors.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back