David's Prop Adventures - Prop #2 The Internet (again)

davidnagel

Sr Member
I did intend to keep this one for myself, but a line manager (who is a big fan of The IT Crowd) was going to leave, so this was the most logical parting gift to her.

May I present, the Internet.

Made from a project box acquired from Maplin before it went defunt, with added battery holder with flashing circuit and the fancy led.

IMG_20210716_144817.jpg

IMG_20210716_144825.jpg

IMG_20210716_144841.jpg

IMG_20210716_144918.jpg

Ive been meaning to do one for years!
Anyone know which model box is correct?
and LED bezel?

Seems to be some Maplin boxes here, just not sure of the size, if they have it.

Hi! Yes, the maplin boxes (if you can find them) are reasonably accurate but not perfect. I think the one on the show is from an older, verging on antique, type; the sort you'd find in the 90s.... maybe.

As for LED bezel, the bezels came with the leds I picked up off ebay. I'll try and find the auction but suspect 5 years later I won't have details anymore.

Hi! Yes, the maplin boxes (if you can find them) are reasonably accurate but not perfect. I think the one on the show is from an older, verging on antique, type; the sort you'd find in the 90s.... maybe.

As for LED bezel, the bezels came with the leds I picked up off ebay. I'll try and find the auction but suspect 5 years later I won't have details anymore.

Thank you! It's just a box but it's not just a box. LOL I wonder if the original prop was kept by someone?

The writer, Graham Linehan might know, maybe he even has it in his possession.

CessnaDriver, did you want the spare led bezels I have? I dont' have a purpose for them

Thanks for the offer, let me check out what the local shops may have first, there still are a handful of electronics stores around for hobbyists here so might be something that is good. I'm obsessing on that box now, I noticed the slight taper it has and can't unsee it. Of course that is probably a feature of the long retired box they used back then and probably hopeless to find now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back