Darth vader helmet assembly.

bpwmd

How does one part the helm in order to easily put it on? In pieces? Any input is appreciated. Also note I'd want it to be a 501st approved setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of those appear to be hinged at the top? So the cowl helps keep it closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Vader helmets are two piece with the face plate strapped to the head and the dome slotting down onto a ring attached to the top of the face plate

Yup. Often some kind of circular hole and slotting system. Look at the MR Rots page on Star Wars helmets. The strapping on the face plate is pretty clear. On top of the face plate there's a raised circular section (at the very top) and that locks into a corresponding hole inside the top of the dome. Similar systems on the don post and efx offerings as well as a lot of fan offerings; my old ghost host any helmet had the same sort of thing. Strap mask to face then pull dome down onto top of head. It's really quite straightforward.

It might seem it but the reality is quite simple. Totally uncomplicated and easy to do. In my limited experience the most daunting thing is the weight.

Are you trying to sculpt this yourself? If you're just buying a helmet then it should all be set up for you.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back