Darth vader helmet assembly.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by bpwmd, Mar 15, 2015.

1. bpwmd

bpwmd Well-Known Member

How does one part the helm in order to easily put it on? In pieces? Any input is appreciated. Also note I'd want it to be a 501st approved setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CSMacLaren

CSMacLaren Sr Member

If you're joining the 501st, find out what they say about costume requirements. First, define which Episode's costume you're pursuing: ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ. Then select the Costume Requirements List for that particular selection. Here's the CRL link: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SLD_CRL

3. bpwmd

bpwmd Well-Known Member

But they say nothing of assembly

4. bookface

bookface Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

5. bpwmd

bpwmd Well-Known Member

Most of those appear to be hinged at the top? So the cowl helps keep it closed?

6. intwenothor

intwenothor Active Member

Most Vader helmets are two piece with the face plate strapped to the head and the dome slotting down onto a ring attached to the top of the face plate

7. bpwmd

bpwmd Well-Known Member

A ring?

8. intwenothor

Yup. Often some kind of circular hole and slotting system. Look at the MR Rots page on Star Wars helmets. The strapping on the face plate is pretty clear. On top of the face plate there's a raised circular section (at the very top) and that locks into a corresponding hole inside the top of the dome. Similar systems on the don post and efx offerings as well as a lot of fan offerings; my old ghost host any helmet had the same sort of thing. Strap mask to face then pull dome down onto top of head. It's really quite straightforward.

9. bpwmd

bpwmd Well-Known Member

Just seems daunting

10. intwenothor

It might seem it but the reality is quite simple. Totally uncomplicated and easy to do. In my limited experience the most daunting thing is the weight.

11. bookface

bookface Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Are you trying to sculpt this yourself? If you're just buying a helmet then it should all be set up for you.