Darth vader helmet assembly.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

bpwmd

How does one part the helm in order to easily put it on? In pieces? Any input is appreciated. Also note I'd want it to be a 501st approved setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

bpwmd

Most of those appear to be hinged at the top? So the cowl helps keep it closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intwenothor

Most Vader helmets are two piece with the face plate strapped to the head and the dome slotting down onto a ring attached to the top of the face plate

intwenothor

Yup. Often some kind of circular hole and slotting system. Look at the MR Rots page on Star Wars helmets. The strapping on the face plate is pretty clear. On top of the face plate there's a raised circular section (at the very top) and that locks into a corresponding hole inside the top of the dome. Similar systems on the don post and efx offerings as well as a lot of fan offerings; my old ghost host any helmet had the same sort of thing. Strap mask to face then pull dome down onto top of head. It's really quite straightforward.

intwenothor

It might seem it but the reality is quite simple. Totally uncomplicated and easy to do. In my limited experience the most daunting thing is the weight.

bookface

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Are you trying to sculpt this yourself? If you're just buying a helmet then it should all be set up for you.