Interest Darth Vader Energizer commercial lightsaber 3D printed MHS conversion kit

Will can this be installed and used a light up saber and duel?
This would be a kit that requires finishing and installation.

Sooo... I just bit the bullet and ordered a Lulzbot Taz 6. Once I get it up and running, this project will be the first order of business! The heated glass build plate will really help with some of the problems I was encountering. I want to make the finish work as minimal as possible.

After this, I've already got ideas for another Vader saber 3d printing project. Stay tuned!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Alright guys, I should be zeroing in on my finalized models. At this point I should ask "any last requests?" Just to recap what this project is all about.

3D printed conversion kit for Modular Hilt System (MHS) tubing and end cap to recreate Darth Vader's lightsaber as itb appears in the mid 90s Energizer commercial. The kit will include:
1 x shroud
1 x d-ring/key ring holder
1 x "Bulb release" greeblie
1 x ribbed clamp band
1 x control box assembly (2 pieces)
1 x activation card
7 x t track grips
1 end cap conversion piece.

The main tube and end cap are NOT INCLUDED but can be purchased from thecustomsabershop.com.

If I can source the correct key ring for the shroud, I would like to include that but no guarantees.

The parts are a raw 3D printed finish. They will be printed at a resolution that should be easy enough to finish with a few coats of filler primer, some steel wool/sand paper, and spot putty (for the real obstinate print artifacts). Most of the pieces do not require support material. On the few pieces that do, I will remove the material myself and do some light deburring, but again, this is a homebrew kit meant to be finished by the end user.

As it stands, this kit was designed to be for display pieces only. I'm not an expert by any means, but this would probably be easy enough to retrofit for electronics. If there's enough demand, and if the mods wouldn't be too drastic, I'm sure that I could alter some pieces to make things more electronics friendly, so if you have suggestions, please speak now, otherwise the models will be as they currently stand.

I plan to print in PLA since it behaves nicely, but I'm open to suggestion.

I ought to have the final prototype printed up as soon as I get more filament (shipment should arrive any day now). I'll post pics asap.

Thanks for all of the interest and input,
Mance

Alright guys, I should be zeroing in on my finalized models. At this point I should ask "any last requests?" Just to recap what this project is all about.

3D printed conversion kit for Modular Hilt System (MHS) tubing and end cap to recreate Darth Vader's lightsaber as itb appears in the mid 90s Energizer commercial. The kit will include:
1 x shroud
1 x d-ring/key ring holder
1 x "Bulb release" greeblie
1 x ribbed clamp band
1 x control box assembly (2 pieces)
1 x activation card
7 x t track grips
1 end cap conversion piece.

The main tube and end cap are NOT INCLUDED but can be purchased from thecustomsabershop.com.

If I can source the correct key ring for the shroud, I would like to include that but no guarantees.

The parts are a raw 3D printed finish. They will be printed at a resolution that should be easy enough to finish with a few coats of filler primer, some steel wool/sand paper, and spot putty (for the real obstinate print artifacts). Most of the pieces do not require support material. On the few pieces that do, I will remove the material myself and do some light deburring, but again, this is a homebrew kit meant to be finished by the end user.

As it stands, this kit was designed to be for display pieces only. I'm not an expert by any means, but this would probably be easy enough to retrofit for electronics. If there's enough demand, and if the mods wouldn't be too drastic, I'm sure that I could alter some pieces to make things more electronics friendly, so if you have suggestions, please speak now, otherwise the models will be as they currently stand.

I plan to print in PLA since it behaves nicely, but I'm open to suggestion.

I ought to have the final prototype printed up as soon as I get more filament (shipment should arrive any day now). I'll post pics asap.

Thanks for all of the interest and input,
Mance

Just droppin in, saying hi!

*stares at empty space on "Ugly Vader Saber Shelf"

I'm printing what I hope to be the final prototype now. Every printer has its quirks and figuring out the best orientation for each part has taken a bit of trial and error, plus a death in the family threw a monkey wrench into things. No worries, though, and I expect to start the project run thread this weekend or Monday at the latest.

I'm printing what I hope to be the final prototype now. Every printer has its quirks and figuring out the best orientation for each part has taken a bit of trial and error, plus a death in the family threw a monkey wrench into things. No worries, though, and I expect to start the project run thread this weekend or Monday at the latest.

sorry about your loss man, no rush on the set, just glad it’s still on your table.

Alright, another slight snag. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the clamp band to print properly, so I'm in the process of ironing that out. Everything else is looking great, though! Expect an update in the next few days. I'm really chomping at the bit to get this thing running now that I've gotten those other obstacles out of the way.

Finally getting the clamp band printed to my satisfaction! The difference in nozzle sizes between the Taz 6 and the Ultimaker meant that I had to draw up a new a whole new model in order to get things to print properly. I ought to have the first entire prototype kit finished this evening.
19a7a80b3f796e488372d1c520bd6b9f.jpg

Wow, so, let me just say, a lot has happened in the last little bit to pretty much derail any projects that I've been working on. My son arrived several weeks earlier than expected (this was in November), so my wife and I have had to deal with all of the things that come along with that. Being premature, he was underweight, had a hole in his heart, and was a bit jaundiced. The last several weeks/months have been spent primarily getting things stabilized with the household and the baby. The holidays with all of the inlaws invading didn't help things much either :wacko

We had our follow up appointment with the infant cardiologist today, and everything seems to be a-okay! Aside from a bit more monitoring to triple check that his heart is beating smoothly, everything looks dandy i.e. the hole has healed and no more double heart beats. His weight is on track and he no longer looks like a Simpsons character :thumbsup.

Soooo, I will be able to get back on this project here quite soon. I apologize for the delay/lack of communication, but I think that I've got some decent excuses :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back