Darth Vader costume rubies mod.

The Manlet

Sr Member
Well as the title says i have spent alot of time,Work and a few bucks in to my rubies vader replacing it piece by piece or moding items to look passible. Note i am 5'11 and about 140 so i am stormtrooper size :lol in costume i stand 6'2 and look like i way more then a woman LOL
I Replaced the Shins with fiberglass ones
and replaced the belt the Boxes and buckle
Replaced the gloves
Moded the chest box to look like ROTJ as well as adding leather straps to the box
Painted everything myself.

Here is the befor shot :lol wait thats me......
DSC00980.jpg

Here are the after shots injoy
DSC03287.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

The E.S.B shot
Lighteduppicture6.jpg

Lighteduppicture7.jpg

Lighteduppicture.jpg

And a shot of the helmet
DSC03353.jpg

I'll add more of the helmet later to show the mods i have done to it.
I would add a video of my costume but no one told me my dome was not sitting on my helmet right :angry

Great work. I am always amazed what can be done with these. I mean these are actually Rubie's y' know.... :lol

I readjusted the dome on my helmet and it was a huge improvement.

Regards,
Red

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Apr 19 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]1228973[/snapback]</div>
Nice work. Welcome to the modded Rubies team.

(Although, in actuallity I have replaced most of my Rubies parts :$ )
[/b]

Well to tell the truth this is my 3rd mod of a rubies, i have done work on other peoples stuff as well as parts i moded then replaced so i'm not new to the game B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Redbeard @ Apr 19 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]1228981[/snapback]</div>
Great work. I am always amazed what can be done with these. I mean these are actually Rubie's y' know.... :lol

I readjusted the dome on my helmet and it was a huge improvement.

Regards,
Red
[/b]

I'm did the same thing to my dome but i'm still not happy with the out come, i might work on it again later. I'm guessing i'll need a dremel.

Outstanding job. My only suggestion would be to add some padding in your torso. I used some 1" thick foam padding from the hobby store.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthgordon @ Apr 20 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]1229538[/snapback]</div>
Outstanding job. My only suggestion would be to add some padding in your torso. I used some 1" thick foam padding from the hobby store.
[/b]

lol i did use padding the chest box was on way to tight so it pined down the foam, i'm still working out the bugs on the inside body suit i made ;)

Holly cow, I just took a close look at that chest box and realized you modded it to OT. And is that mask actually Rubies? I had no idea it could look that good. I think I've tracked down a source to paint mine. I'm not sure what'll he charge though.

Yup everything there is a rubies but the shins and the belt, and gloves. I say if the guy is good at painting go for it, but it dosent hurt to try it yourself, and on top of that my face to my mask have been modded to all hell i had shots of what did to the face. But i deleted them i didn't think anyone would want to see every detail i did to the helmet.

Wow, that almost looks like a completely different helmet. I hate the look of the rubies helmet and I didnt even recognize it in your after photos. The OT paint scheme really brings it to life.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(animetronic @ Apr 22 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]1231349[/snapback]</div>
Wow, that almost looks like a completely different helmet. I hate the look of the rubies helmet and I didnt even recognize it in your after photos. The OT paint scheme really brings it to life.
[/b]

A good paint job and a resculpting of the face :D gives it that not so cheap look. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chris1748 @ Apr 28 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1234848[/snapback]</div>
here is my modded rubies.[/b]
That can't possibly be the original dome on that helmet, but if it is, you really gotta tell me what you've done to it to make it look THAT good.

Nice suit, btw. :)

EDIT: Sorry... completely forgot to comment on GundamZeppelin's suit too... :eek shame on me. Dude, it rocks. Huge improvement. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chris1748 @ Apr 28 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1234848[/snapback]</div>
here is my modded rubies.

[attachmentid=7816]

chris
[/b]

I remember seeing your mod on the forum almost last year is that a frett pride cod and belt??
your work is Great.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Apr 28 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1235035[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chris1748 @ Apr 28 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1234848[/snapback]
here is my modded rubies.[/b]
That can't possibly be the original dome on that helmet, but if it is, you really gotta tell me what you've done to it to make it look THAT good.

Nice suit, btw. :)

EDIT: Sorry... completely forgot to comment on GundamZeppelin's suit too... :eek shame on me. Dude, it rocks. Huge improvement. :thumbsup
[/b][/quote]

Thanks no humor man ;) i've taken some better shots for the 501
DSC03531.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back