Darth Vader costume rubies mod.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by GundamZeppelin, Apr 18, 2006.

1. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

Well as the title says i have spent alot of time,Work and a few bucks in to my rubies vader replacing it piece by piece or moding items to look passible. Note i am 5'11 and about 140 so i am stormtrooper size :lol in costume i stand 6'2 and look like i way more then a woman LOL
    I Replaced the Shins with fiberglass ones
    and replaced the belt the Boxes and buckle
    Replaced the gloves
    Moded the chest box to look like ROTJ as well as adding leather straps to the box
    Painted everything myself.

Here is the befor shot :lol wait thats me......
    [​IMG]

Here are the after shots injoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The E.S.B shot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a shot of the helmet
    [​IMG]
    I'll add more of the helmet later to show the mods i have done to it.
    I would add a video of my costume but no one told me my dome was not sitting on my helmet right :angry

2. Darth Domain

Darth Domain Well-Known Member

Well, i think that looks like work well done Gun, Congrats :thumbsup (is the dome sitting right though :p )

3. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Nice work. Welcome to the modded Rubies team.

(Although, in actuallity I have replaced most of my Rubies parts :$ )

4. Redbeard

Redbeard Active Member

Great work. I am always amazed what can be done with these. I mean these are actually Rubie's y' know.... :lol

I readjusted the dome on my helmet and it was a huge improvement.

Regards,
    Red

5. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

Well done brother. I hope to receive mine soon so that I may make a start.

6. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Apr 19 2006, 06:46 AM) [snapback]1228973[/snapback]</div>
    Well to tell the truth this is my 3rd mod of a rubies, i have done work on other peoples stuff as well as parts i moded then replaced so i'm not new to the game B)

7. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Redbeard @ Apr 19 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]1228981[/snapback]</div>
    I'm did the same thing to my dome but i'm still not happy with the out come, i might work on it again later. I'm guessing i'll need a dremel.

8. darthgordon

darthgordon Sr Member

Outstanding job. My only suggestion would be to add some padding in your torso. I used some 1" thick foam padding from the hobby store.

9. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthgordon @ Apr 20 2006, 02:41 AM) [snapback]1229538[/snapback]</div>
    lol i did use padding the chest box was on way to tight so it pined down the foam, i'm still working out the bugs on the inside body suit i made ;)

10. darthgordon

darthgordon Sr Member

Holly cow, I just took a close look at that chest box and realized you modded it to OT. And is that mask actually Rubies? I had no idea it could look that good. I think I've tracked down a source to paint mine. I'm not sure what'll he charge though.

11. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

Yup everything there is a rubies but the shins and the belt, and gloves. I say if the guy is good at painting go for it, but it dosent hurt to try it yourself, and on top of that my face to my mask have been modded to all hell i had shots of what did to the face. But i deleted them i didn't think anyone would want to see every detail i did to the helmet.

12. Studio Stasis

Studio Stasis Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow, that almost looks like a completely different helmet. I hate the look of the rubies helmet and I didnt even recognize it in your after photos. The OT paint scheme really brings it to life.

13. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(animetronic @ Apr 22 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]1231349[/snapback]</div>
    A good paint job and a resculpting of the face :D gives it that not so cheap look. ;)

14. tk4510

tk4510 New Member

NICE JOB.

15. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tk4510 @ Apr 24 2006, 02:40 AM) [snapback]1232068[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks TK :D

16. chris1748

chris1748 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

here is my modded rubies.

[attachmentid=7816]

chris

17. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chris1748 @ Apr 28 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1234848[/snapback]</div>
    That can't possibly be the original dome on that helmet, but if it is, you really gotta tell me what you've done to it to make it look THAT good.

Nice suit, btw. :)

EDIT: Sorry... completely forgot to comment on GundamZeppelin's suit too... :eek shame on me. Dude, it rocks. Huge improvement. :thumbsup

18. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Both suits are very well done.

19. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chris1748 @ Apr 28 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1234848[/snapback]</div>
    I remember seeing your mod on the forum almost last year is that a frett pride cod and belt??
    your work is Great.

20. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Apr 28 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1235035[/snapback]</div>
    That can't possibly be the original dome on that helmet, but if it is, you really gotta tell me what you've done to it to make it look THAT good.

Nice suit, btw. :)

EDIT: Sorry... completely forgot to comment on GundamZeppelin's suit too... :eek shame on me. Dude, it rocks. Huge improvement. :thumbsup
    [/b][/quote]

Thanks no humor man ;) i've taken some better shots for the 501
    [​IMG]

21. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GundamZeppelin @ Apr 29 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]1235367[/snapback]</div>
    Cool. And that's the original Rubies Supreme dome? Man... amazing. You mind if I save this picture as a class example of how good a Rubies can look?

22. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Apr 29 2006, 07:21 AM) [snapback]1235382[/snapback]</div>
    Cool. And that's the original Rubies Supreme dome? Man... amazing. You mind if I save this picture as a class example of how good a Rubies can look?
    [/b][/quote]

sure go right ahead. Yeah thats the original rubies dome i did a lot of cuting and sanding to the inside to get it to set lower on the mask, But the neckbrace i use pushes the dome upward but it is no where near as high as it was. Heres a few more if you'd like

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. chris1748

chris1748 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

great suit by the way I really like the helmet.

and no, the belt is made by me with parts from the rubies.

chris

24. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chris1748 @ Apr 29 2006, 11:03 AM) [snapback]1235453[/snapback]</div>
    You did a great job it looked like a fett pride i'm impressed. i couldn't tell if there where any rubies parts left on it. :thumbsup :thumbsup