Darth Vader ANH Helmet Replica Props - Which is Best?

It is very hard to define what is the BEST ANH Vader helmet as it depends on what you like.

When it comes to ANH Vader casts what a lot of people struggle to grasp is there was more than one cast taken of the original helmet. They are commonly refered to as the UK and US style helmets.

Each of the two styles of ANH helmet casts differ from each other but they are what they are the same helmet but two different snap shots in time of the original.

The ANH Vader changed on screen due to damage, paint being touched up, tusks being glued back on etc so there is no real definitive screen accurate Vader. The original helmet that started filming was a different helmet to the one that finished filming. The UK style mask certainly looks less cleaned up post production than the US style post production - which in essence makes it more like the helmet at the start of filming.

The eFX legend looks the part from what has been shown. Nobody has one yet so no doubt it will be reviewed and analysed to death when it finally gets into the hands of the fans.

The SL is a fantastic helmet as well (brilliant new photos Thomas :thumbsup).

I also like the TM and VP Vaders as well.

There are a fair few Vaders out there all have their own merits.

Cheers Chris

They haven't shipped yet, the LE is the more cleaned up version, the Legend is less cleaned up one.

Thanks for the correction (I actually meant the Legend not the LE). I figured the shipping dates would be staggered over a few months & that the first batch had already shipped. For those who first ordered back in April, I'm sure the waiting has been grueling. Looking forward to seeing some photos on this forum.

It is very hard to define what is the BEST ANH Vader helmet as it depends on what you like.

When it comes to ANH Vader casts what a lot of people struggle to grasp is there was more than one cast taken of the original helmet. They are commonly refered to as the UK and US style helmets.

Each of the two styles of ANH helmet casts differ from each other but they are what they are the same helmet but two different snap shots in time of the original.

The ANH Vader changed on screen due to damage, paint being touched up, tusks being glued back on etc so there is no real definitive screen accurate Vader. The original helmet that started filming was a different helmet to the one that finished filming. The UK style mask certainly looks less cleaned up post production than the US style post production - which in essence makes it more like the helmet at the start of filming.

The eFX legend looks the part from what has been shown. Nobody has one yet so no doubt it will be reviewed and analysed to death when it finally gets into the hands of the fans.

The SL is a fantastic helmet as well (brilliant new photos Thomas :thumbsup).

I also like the TM and VP Vaders as well.

There are a fair few Vaders out there all have their own merits.

Cheers Chris

Good info Chris, thanks. Yeah like you said, once the eFX is released no doubt the helmet is going to be picked apart & analyzed like crazy. I'm sure it will spawn a lot more discussions on this forum as well. :lol

eFX looks like an impressive helmet. Certainly better than DP, Rubies, or any of the other officially licensed releases to date.

Last edited:
Does anyone here know of the expected ship dates of the efx Vader helmets? I've had mine on order since September, and their site still says, "Shipping Q4-2011"...

I got a message yesterday from the guy who is selling this helmet to me. He said the estimate shipping date would be the end of march. But i guess thats also just an estimate shipping date.

I'm sure this has already been beaten to death :) but does the Legend live up to the hype?

How do the Vader helmet afficionados rate it compared to other past helmets?

Brad

The QV2 is a great piece, I do think the Brian Muir Ultimate Vader should mentioned though. It's from an original helmet by the man who sculpted Vader.
I own one and it is superb.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back