Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Pics pg 100!!

Turns out even after I Plastidip'd my bicep and elbow pieces, they were too small. I have a knack for building things too small, no matter what piece it is. I even measure each part of my body to make sure I have room, but still get the piece too small. I'm bout to go overboard and just make a large suit, then put padding inside to make it a tight fit. Having to rebuild each part 3 or 4 times is costing me resources and money. >_>

if the pep is to small why would you dip it, it's gonna be the same size your just wasting your products...use the "messure two distance between points" and you should be good...and match what the comp shows to what your actuall size is on your body...it's worked for me every time...

hey guys! im pretty green to pepakura and the rpf so sorry in advance for any noob talk! i actually started building a mark 3 suit and after fiberglassing the back and thigh pieces i found this thread and wanted to immediately start the mark 7 (my favorite iron man suit), i have downloaded the pep files and understand (i think) that the files are for one side and i just need to flip them for the other. My question is... are there pieces missing on some of these files? Like the cod piece, on the very inner ring, going around your waist... there are no pieces that correspond when i click them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

if the pep is to small why would you dip it, it's gonna be the same size your just wasting your products...use the "messure two distance between points" and you should be good...and match what the comp shows to what your actuall size is on your body...it's worked for me every time...

Because at first, it seemed like it fit. I made the bicep piece, and it felt okay. Then I made the elbow piece, and it seemed like a tight fit, but again, felt okay. Then I made the upper forearm piece and slipped it on. Everything looked legit, so I put the Plastidip on it so I can get to work on the connecting part, but when I connected them, the bicep connector pieces were bent outward at almost a 45-degree angle. And last I checked, they weren't supposed to do that.

Let me remind you, this is my first build EVER. I don't always know what I'm doing. >_> The best way to learn from mistakes is to make them first.

Here's a pic of my most "decent" MK VII helmet. There's a seam on the cheek that moved when I separated all the pieces. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking that I made the rondo too thick on the face and the shrinkage caused some undue warping. Suggestions are welcome. This hasn't been sanded. This is pep-> rondo and that's it. I coated the inside of the pep with paste wax which allows one to remove all the paper and gives a smooth surface. Oh, I also glue all the tabs on the outside of the pep to leave the inside as smooth as possible. Still figuring this out, but I like the direction it's heading.

Comments, criticism, suggestions are all welcome!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710097.799321.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710097.799321.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 219
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710128.778664.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710128.778664.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 193
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710141.469240.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710141.469240.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 187
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710155.670116.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370710155.670116.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 181

WOW that's an awesome way to do it !!
if i were you, i'd back with few layer of fiberglass just to be sure !

great progress !!

So I have a question about the V1 foam files. Do the little protrusions from the upper forearm piece connect to the elbow piece and bicep? I can't really tell from the reference pictures, but I figure it would make sense, only it doesn't look like it would connect properly. I ordered a 25 pack of 1/2" Chicago screws (thanks to STEALTH for that little tip, by the way) from Amazon earlier, so I should get those next week. But I wanted to connect them so they were all one piece. I know about the straps and buckles technique, which I think works better with connected other pieces like the shoulders to the arms and chest and whatnot. I just want the arms to look somewhat more connected.

DarkMessiah - I found the forearm-elbow-bicep attachment to be a bit of a hassle, too...
We're all built a bit differently... and have different widths and lengths... if I built the units to match my arm-width at the elbow for comfort, it ended up too bulky at the wrist, I found.
Also... even with 1/4" EVA foam, having three layers of foam interconnected at the elbow joint on either side with such small pieces felt a bit 'loosey-goosey' to me... and I play a bit rough with my toys, as it were... so what I did is slightly modify the elbows to connect to the upper forearm pieces AT the elbow... leaving only two pieces to be connected on either side (rather than three)...

Also... my upper arm is too wide for the unit base-size... so building it wide enough made it too long. /sigh
I ended up taking a 'bite' out of the bicep piece at the crook of the elbow so I could bend my arm. LOL

I have a Facebook pic... but nothing on Pinterest, yet. PM me if you want and I'll send you a Fb link (I'm presuming we don't Facebook link on the RPF, do we?) and/or I'll try to upload something.

Props, though, to Darkside501st, as always!
Notice I didn't say 'improved upon'... as one cannot 'fix' perfection... ;)
When I do 'slight' alterations to others' pep-files or adjustments like that... I liken it to putting a Thrush muffler on a hotrod... not necessary, but it suits MY purposes. =D

hey guys! im pretty green to pepakura and the rpf so sorry in advance for any noob talk! i actually started building a mark 3 suit and after fiberglassing the back and thigh pieces i found this thread and wanted to immediately start the mark 7 (my favorite iron man suit), i have downloaded the pep files and understand (i think) that the files are for one side and i just need to flip them for the other. My question is... are there pieces missing on some of these files? Like the cod piece, on the very inner ring, going around your waist... there are no pieces that correspond when i click them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

All the files are (should be) there... and yes, for the axillary parts (arms/legs) if there's only one copy, it is either a piece that can be used for both sides (upper and lower forearms are interchangeable, for example...) or you can click 'Others - Mirror Invertion' in Pepakura Designer to flip them so as to print the opposite piece if they are not interchangeable (as is the case with the thigh pieces and shins)

I did find out i was looking at the foam templates instead of the traditional ones... does anyone know if you can still get the password for these files? i Pm'd Darkside and havent heard anything, i didnt know if he was still giving it out. Thanks!

Hi,
Can anybody help me with the biceps? I am trying to make it, I have built 4 already, all of them aren't as good as others. Just doesn't fit. Does anybody have a modified model for this? Or any advice, a good solution for this problem? Help would be appreciated.

Hi,
Can anybody help me with the biceps? I am trying to make it, I have built 4 already, all of them aren't as good as others. Just doesn't fit. Does anybody have a modified model for this? Or any advice, a good solution for this problem? Help would be appreciated.

You say it doesn't fit. Can you be a bit more specific? Does it not slide up all the way or maybe fits fine but doesn't line up with another piece? If you have pictures post some. This way I can try and help out as best as I can. If I can not, I'm sure someone else on here can.

Common problem with the biceps is that if it fits around the biceps, it may be a bit too long (and stuck under the elbow). If the length fits, then you may have a problem to put your arm in. Basically, you can cut a small piece to adjust it under the elbow and give it the proper length.

I haven't got any pictures. The diameter of the top is very small. When I increase it, the whole biceps becomes too "tall", so I can't bend my arms.

Hi,

What, exactly, is the problem?
Too long?
Not long enough?
Does it feel like it cuts into the underarm?

I haven't got any pictures. The diameter of the top is very small. When I increase it, the whole biceps becomes too "tall", so I can't bend my arms.

You might need to make it larger. Then once its built, cut it around the top of the bicep little by little. Until you have the length that fits you. Hope this helps. I'm not at home, or else I would have a picture of what I am talking about.

You might need to make it larger. Then once its built, cut it around the top of the bicep little by little. Until you have the length that fits you. Hope this helps. I'm not at home, or else I would have a picture of what I am talking about.

I have tried to, but the will be some holes. Looks weird :S

So, this week I could finally buy some real automotive filler and, sure, it was much easier and faster to work with!

2013-06-08 23.33.13.jpg

It took me a couple of tries to get the mix right, but once I got it right I could fill some big holes and sand easily afterwards

2013-06-09 09.50.36.jpg 2013-06-09 14.09.50.jpg 2013-06-09 21.31.39.jpg

Anyway I liked how hard the surface was with the gel coat, so once I got the filler sanded (maybe I should have sanded more) I applied another coat of gelcoat to all the helmet and sanded it again (it's much, much harder to sand). Also I redid the chin indentation because I wasn't satisfied on how it was before. Finally, not that I finished the sanding, but I just wanted to paint it with primer so it looks a bit better until I'm able to work in it again :)

2013-06-09 10.44.27.jpg

I also fiberglassed the right hand, this week I will try to do the fingers in paper :)

I'm not even sure if I'm going to attempt to do the full suit or if I'm going to settle with the helmet, right hand and forearm... :unsure

Beautifully done! C'est magnifique! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us!!!

I have tried to, but the will be some holes. Looks weird :S

I would say try to build it at the size that fits, then on a side that doesn't have a lot of angles. Maybe add small strips of foam (say 4-6mm) at a time until it fits right and still is the right length. I hope I am making sense? Let me know if I need to explain more.

Hello guys do some Build again. But i am a little p... o. äääh frustrated. On saturday i cut the biceps and started to glue. I found out the it is f.. to big.
I am about 1,80 m = 5.9 Feet so i scaled it a little bigger, as i found on the RPF, "26". I scale it a little bigger "26" must be for 185cm hight. i dont know how the parts should fit. can u help me. Is it better to scale with 180 cm = 5,9 Feet or 185cm = 6,0 Feet
474745_10201029338033932_403013729_o.jpg

looks that ok? i think the lenght is ok but to wide. I need a pullover to fit. more pics on FB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back