Dark Rey Lightsaber - Aluminium [Many Photos]

After turning the profile, I used the same fixture to drill the holes and spilt the ring into 4 parts. I can't spilt all the way through as part would probably fly out of the fixture.

IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1595.jpg

After some work with a file and a belt sander the parts are nicely cleaned up. The bolts are M2 cap heads, however the heads are just rounded off a little on the belt sander and polishing wheel.

IMG_1601.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg
IMG_1612.jpg

All installed on one the central body.

IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1607.jpg

I’m telling you, this has been a incredible documentary. The craftsmanship is incredible, I really enjoy every update

Glad to see you’re still cracking away with it!

Made the smaller button mount, highlighted in red.

rey-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-dark-side-lightsaber-by-efx-bunker158-2.jpg copy.jpg

All the black parts are now ready for anodising, hopefully send them soon when we next have to get anodising done.

IMG_1691.jpeg
IMG_1688.jpeg

And in position on the lightsaber, with a temporary bolt. I may end up glueing this on, depends on how on how I make the button to fit where the bolt is now. I would prefer a mechanical connection, but may not be possible.

IMG_1695.jpg

I have started making the final version of the inner end piece. I made the 1st one out of stainless like the outer end piece however for easy of machining I have switched to use a free machining mild steel. particular to cut the little ridge features.

IMG_1961.jpg

The original on the right and the new blank on the left.

IMG_1956.jpg

A before and after bore the internal diameter.

IMG_1964.jpg

Setting up to drill the rough internal diameter before boring it out.

Still working on this, progress is a little slow at the moment.
I made the form tools today to turn the profiles on the inner end pieces.

Inner end tube finished
IMG_2503.jpg

Setup for cutting the slot
IMG_2500.jpg

The rough turning before rounding off the ridges. Damage on the left is because the part came out lathe chuck luckily the part is still useable.
IMG_2442.jpg
IMG_2445.jpg

Here's the turning tool I made for cutting these parts.
IMG_2444.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back