Dark Phoenix (Post-release)

What did you think of Dark Phoenix?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is what happens when you go off the rails and keep following a failed movie plot line instead of going back to the original material. They know X-Men 3 sucked, they just won't let it go.

Fox, this horse gave you the best years of his life. Why don’t you just put him out to stud with Marvel instead of flogging him to death?

Fox, this horse gave you the best years of his life. Why don’t you just put him out to stud with Marvel instead of flogging him to death?

They already did, Disney bought all of Fox's movie assets. This is the last movie Fox is doing with Marvel properties.

They already did, Disney bought all of Fox's movie assets. This is the last movie Fox is doing with Marvel properties.
I know. What I meant to say was:
Fox, this horse gave you the best years of his life. Why don’t you just put him out to stud with Marvel already instead of flogging him to death?

Why do they keep making these?

This looks like such a generic snoozefest. Jennifer Lawrence could barely care for the last one. She looks like she's asleep in this trailer. That's what happens when you are contractually obligated and you don't even care.

This movie is going to bomb just like Apocalypse.

Sooo......., what’s happening with the New Mutant’s film then ?

I’d asked this question cause the Dark Phoenix’s discussion and trailers were getting me down.
I loved (still do) the New Mutants comic series - was still a teenager when it began (I think). Loved the characters, storyline’s and brilliant artwork - still have the original collected series (along with others) in my wardrobe - come sheltered comics vault!
My avatar speaks volumes !
Was concerned when the film was originally announced to be a teen ‘ horror ‘ oriented movie , to feeling somewhat mollified when it was said to be based on the Demon Bear storyline.
Then a film delayed announcement again , and then nothing... til JoeG just filled us in .
Damn , I really hope they don’t screw this up. It could be the start of a fantastic franchise.

Last edited:
I’d asked this question cause the Dark Phoenix’s discussion and trailers were getting me down.
I loved (still do) the New Mutants comic series - was still a teenager when it began (I think). Loved the characters, storyline’s and brilliant artwork - still have the original collected series (along with others) in my wardrobe - come sheltered comics vault!
My avatar speaks volumes !
Was concerned when the film was originally announced to be a teen ‘ horror ‘ oriented movie , to feeling somewhat mollified when it was said to be based on the Demon Bear storyline.
Then a film delayed announcement again , and then nothing... til JoeG just filled us in .
Damn , I really hope they don’t screw this up. It could be the start of a fantastic franchise.

Dude, I would LOVE a good adaptation of the Demon Bear storyline. It was so weird and out there... unfortunately, I don't give the Fox movie arm credit for enough courage to do something like that. Their TV arm yes, especially FX, after the wonderful weirdness of Legion, but not the movies.

Now that the properties have landed back at Marvel, I will be curious to see what they do moving forward.

I thought the guy ( director ) they’d settled on was going to do just that - being a huge fan and all ?
I still want / hope to see the film they’ve promised and started promoting way back when.
With only having had a glimpse of Sunspot in one of the Xmen films (Days of future past )? , I’m wanting/needing to see more of these much beloved characters.
Hoping Marvel will ‘do’ anything with these guys is such a huge ask , considering how big their universe is.
Yeah, fingers truly crisscrossed!

Having a director who is a fan of the source material means nothing to me, no matter what franchise it is. I've seen too many series ruined by fan directors.

Even if a trailer looks promising I don't have any illusions that it will be good until I see the final product. I've been taken too many times to think otherwise.

That's not to say the trailers for Dark Phoenix look good or even remotely interesting because they don't.

Having a director who is a fan of the source material means nothing to me, no matter what franchise it is. I've seen too many series ruined by fan directors.

Even if a trailer looks promising I don't have any illusions that it will be good until I see the final product.

Agree, and I see the validity of what you’re saying - films can be ruined by certain ‘fan’ directors ...., but this take, with these characters are at the beginning of - origins type, and not necessarily a certain ‘part ‘ of a sequential, existing franchise.
Or rather (apart from being Mutants ) based within an Xmen world which will probably get rebooted anyway, and with a whole new company who’ve proven to be strongly devoted to maintaining a solid and basically true to form (origin-wise) ethos..., Marvel can deliver and build upon this film , if it’s true to what little of it we’ve seen so far .
These characters and their stories are too good to be used, just to get abused.

Fingers will remain crisscrossed!

Even if a trailer looks promising I don't have any illusions that it will be good until I see the final product. I've been taken too many times to think otherwise.

That's not to say the trailers for Dark Phoenix look good or even remotely interesting because they don't.

Considering that most films are ruined by studio interference, the directors hardly matter most of the time. It doesn't matter what the director wants to do, it matters what the suits at the studio think will sell. And most of the time, they're wrong.

I agree with you on Marvel's track record but I still don't have very strong attachments to these characters. Though under Marvel's banner I'm sure they will do right by them.

The news of x-men going back to Marvel is new to me. I thought they got to keep it as long as they kept churning out films.

Whatever Marvel Does with X-Men films in the future will probably be better received. My only wish is that there had been time to truly mix them into the MCU from the start. It'd be really revisionist for them to simply have been "Off screen" for the last 10 years, then show up like they've been there the whole time, and it'd require pretty major changes to character plot points and such to have the "Mutant Issue" start appearing so far into the MCU.

I trust Marvel to start doing it better; I just honestly don't know what good routs they have.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back