X-Men: Days of Future Past (Post-release)

FINALLY saw this (trying to catch it in the theater was this absurd comedy of errors for me...) and I really loved it. A lot of callbacks to X2, which is a fabulous movie. For me, X2, First Class, and now this one are by FAR the best of the franchise...I'm pretty ambivalent about the rest of the X-men and Wolvie pics. Bring on more McAvoy and Fassbender please!

I REALLY enjoyed it. :cool:thumbsup I'm not a big X-Men fan but we watched 1st Class, X-Men, and then DOFP over 2 evenings and they seemed like fairly smooth transitions. It was a great way to re-boot without being disrespectful of the 1st cast. I also thought it was a well handled time travel story (it is very rarely done well IMO).

I would not. I can see exactly why her part was cut, because the additional footage of her probably lasts no more than a couple of minutes towards the last quarter of the film and changed very little about it. I'm just grateful they had the original release with the "Rogue" cut so you can compare. Nearly all the other additional scenes were dialogue heavy extensions ,and although the rescue was a good addition it was unnecessary, like Ravens visit . I preferred the theatrical release because it moves at a greater pace and with much more tension. Anybody buying this in the belief it would be a very different movie would be mistaken,, it just isn't its just an extended edition. Still one of the best X men movies ever, just a shade short of X2 for me. Glad I waited this long to get it.

There are certain trade offs between the two versions. The theatrical is more tense, moves fast, and the pay off of seeing all the old cast members at the end is a genuine surprise. The Rogue cut is more methodical in its pacing (there's room for the movie to breathe), there's just a little bit more stuff with the cast where the characters have just a bit more to do, and the surprise at the end is kinda less effective when you see Rogue first because you saw her earlier. With all these in mind, I still lean towards the Rogue cut but I know it's just my own bias for the movies Singer helmed previously.

My biggest problem, however, with both versions is still the editing in some parts. There's a few moments that are just really sloppily edited that they could've fixed in the Rogue cut but didn't. The one that stands out to me the most is the scene where Wolverine first meets Charles and they're having a back and forth and it keeps cutting over to Hank for needless reaction shots. They already set it up that he's there listening to the back and forth, there's no need to keep cutting back to him to remind the audience that he's there!

I liked some of the add-ons in Rogue cut, but he was definitely correct to have cut all the Rogue stuff in the first place.

That weird, all-too-easy rescue of Rogue in the last quarter was just weird. And the idea that if the sentinels are equipped with Rogues powers, they can steal any power, is completely pointless. The Sentinels are EASILY winning already. This isn't a fight. It's set up pretty clearly that the mutants are being beaten BAD... and only on the run as survivors.

That said, I LOVED the editing between future and past Magneto as they go to retrieve Rogue/helmet and gear. It was great.

I liked some of the add-ons in Rogue cut, but he was definitely correct to have cut all the Rogue stuff in the first place.

That weird, all-too-easy rescue of Rogue in the last quarter was just weird. And the idea that if the sentinels are equipped with Rogues powers, they can steal any power, is completely pointless. The Sentinels are EASILY winning already. This isn't a fight. It's set up pretty clearly that the mutants are being beaten BAD... and only on the run as survivors.

That said, I LOVED the editing between future and past Magneto as they go to retrieve Rogue/helmet and gear. It was great.

is this view able on youtube?

hallewax,it should be noted that ITS NOT the ultimate edition either

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/x-men-d...gital-copy/5833016.p?id=3277359&skuId=5833016

http://hd-report.com/2014/08/01/x-men-days-of-future-past-blu-ray-release-date-exclusives/

this is the cover

4573218-unnamed+copy+2.jpg

Caving in to peer pressure I finally watched this film.
It's OK.
Nothing surprised me in terms of plot or effects.
I felt like the film screamed 70's a little louder than it needed to do.
But it had some cool moments.
How the heck does Quicksilver have a bullet-speed Walkman that he can hear music when he's running? And I wonder how they're going to use this guy who seems OP.

I assumed Quicksilver had something equivalent to Flash's Speedforce, maybe an aura that keeps everything within it moving at equvalent speeds. Otherwise we should be asking how his clothes don't combust or fly right off his body.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back