Unlimited Run Dark Matter Props - One Stop Claw Shop - Metallic, Bone, & More - Still taking orders

Re: Metallic XO, X23, TW-DOFP, & Daken Claws - Open Run

Oh stop teasing, you. You're as bad as my girlfriend LOL. Looking forward to it.

I received the TW- DOFP claws, spectacular job. I'm very happy well done:thumbsup, I think that soon go with also bone claws!

Last edited by a moderator:

All my pictures got messed up when I accidentally cut the files out of my onedrive. When I put them back in they all acted as new uploads and so all the links are different. Videos still work fine. I will be working on getting that fixed.

I wanted to let everyone know that I will soon be offering metal grips! It is something I have been working on for over a year. I have had a hell of a time finding a machine shop that is willing to work with me on the design and do small runs since I can afford to buy thousands of them. I ordered a bunch of them and they were just sent to me on Friday so I should have them in a couple days.

I have not yet taken any professional pictures or done a video on them as I have been so very busy. Although, as you might imagine, the metal grips are way better than the resin grips. Since I did the 2nd 90 degree bend at the end of the wire in the resin grips they have been working alright but the inherent issue with the resin grips is that resin is softer than the metal wire which it needs to hold. That fact added to the length and weight of the claws puts a lot of stress on the grips (even though the claws don't weigh a lot). So metal grips is the only real answer to the problem. The metal grips will hold them much better, will last a lot longer, and make the assembly process easier.

I have been working with this particular machine shop for the past couple months. They do some other work in the prop community so the process is no stranger to them. We recently settled on a design and they began production. I had them incorporate three notches through one side of the grip. This is not a necessary feature on the metal grips since they clamp down enough to hold the square wires securely. However, I wanted to add it so that anyone that has already added the 2nd 90 degree bend in the end of their wires could easily swap them for the metal grips. Also, the design I went with, using the separate screws and nuts ensures that you will never strip out the threads on the grip rendering it useless. I use stainless steel hardware so that should not be an issue but if it ever does happen then you can easily swap out the screw/nut and keep using the grips.

So, with no further ado and with great pride, I humbly present Dark Matter Props' metal grips which I will be selling for $10 per set of two.

These are some low res images. I will be posting some hi-res images and video eventually.

Metal Grips 02.jpgMetal Grips 01.jpg

Last edited:

I can't wait to order the new movie bone claws with the metal grips!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to order the new movie bone claws with the metal grips!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I'm glad you're excited! I have a few sets of the new bone claws ready to go and I will be getting the metal grips on Wednesday. So if you're ready to order I can hook you up. Also, take note that the new metal grips will work with your previous Dark Matter Props claws as long as they have the square wires.

Lol, I'm glad you're excited! I have a few sets of the new bone claws ready to go and I will be getting the metal grips on Wednesday. So if you're ready to order I can hook you up. Also, take note that the new metal grips will work with your previous Dark Matter Props claws as long as they have the square wires.

Could I get a few good pic of the new bone claws on you hand?? :D

Truly perfection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in class and geeking out

Metal grips!!!!!!! Imma have to order me a set!!!!

Yes, they will work on any of the claws I sold with square wires. If you want to order then just send me a PM with your PayPal email address and the location where I will be shipping them. ;)

darkside501st , I too, would also like to see this new bone claw in hands. Thinking about getting those as well but need to get the cash first. Also, payment sent for 2 metal palm pieces and 2 TW claws.

Last edited by a moderator:

@darkside501st , I too, would also like to see this new bone claw in hands. Thinking about getting those as well but need to get the cash first. Also, payment sent for 2 metal palm pieces and 2 TW claws.

I still haven't taken hi-res photos of them so I don't want to post the low quality cell phone pictures but if you were thinking of adding them on to your order then I can send you the cell phone pics I have.

Re: Dark Matter Props - One Stop Claw Shop - Metallic & Bone Various Styles!

Updated the first post with a new layout and fixed the broken links. Halloween is coming up and will be here before you know it. Order now so you are sure to get your claws in time.

Re: Dark Matter Props - One Stop Claw Shop - Metallic, Bone, & More - Halloween is co

New Announcement!!! Hi-Res images of the new products are finally done and uploaded. I have updated the first post. The stars of the show are the new screen accurate bone claws and the redesigned XO claws.... Those have been done for a while too and some of you might already have these. There were a few slight changes from the last XO design which make my new XO claws even more screen accurate and stronger than before. Check it out and let me know if you would like to order any. There is still time to get these before Halloween!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back