Dark Knight suit “prototype”

drftfan

Sr Member
I travel a lot for my regular job so I took the opportunityof being home to work on a project I started months ago. I have had molds for the Hells Kitchen Dark Knight armor for a few years now. I moved across the country a few months back and had material to use up. I didn’t want to waste the money buying clear urethane for the carbon inserts for a “prototype” assembly so I simply used colored urethane for the inserts. Coincidentally the same color as the Val Kilmer Sonar suit. I finally demolded all the pieces and grabbed a black mesh undersuit a seamstress sewed up for me years ago. I have a screen accurate mesh suit but didn’t want to use it for this trial.
I spent time roughing up the back each piece so I could use contact cement. Sikaflex 221 is more or less the standard but I met some of the costumers from the Marvel films over the summer and I was able to pick up some tips on how they glue their suits. Is contact cement the be all end all for gluing? No. Sikaflex is probably better but contact cement is easier to work with. I started at the cod piece and gradually worked my way to the lower pieces before doing the abs, side and back leg pieces, followed by the obliques in that order.
Then I spent time assembling the upper chest with the pec inserts probably being the most difficult. I am currently redesigning them for the next suit I build.
All in all this came together better than I expected. There are things I would change and do differently next time but that has more to do with the chest than anything else. I am currently awaiting some material so I can modify the other undersuit for better movement prior to building another one with the full carbon. That’s James Franco’s body form from Spider-Man 3 I believe The left arm needs to be fixed which is why it is hanging onto the dishwasher in my workroom 508AC315-286E-48FD-A3F5-112F76D6F8BB.jpegF9525B57-FA25-4B16-B10C-23CE3271DCBA.jpegF3F5B2E6-ACFB-4C76-953A-D1ED2814BE2C.jpegF136EA50-F8CE-46ED-98FC-7AB54E720623.jpeg1ED02D0F-E66D-4719-98E6-491E9E3983C6.jpeg93DEBB9B-9D85-466B-949A-5525C9F91615.jpeg
508AC315-286E-48FD-A3F5-112F76D6F8BB.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back