Dark Knight - Joker's M76 Machine Gun Build WIP

BornKilr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just getting started on a commission build for a S&W M76 machine gun replica for a Dark Knight Joker display.
Just finished all cutting all major parts

Receiver. magazine and handle
IMG_8838.JPG
.IMG_8839.JPG
Upper receiver and barrel shroud (with hole template)
IMG_8834.JPG
This is what the finished product should look like, other than color and a few improvements. This was my first build from several years ago.
original M76.jpg

Finally getting back to work on this build.

Completed the barrel and shroud. Sanded and primed magazine and glued fire select switch.
20161129_095238.jpg
Template in place to cut receiver
20161129_100833.jpg
Receiver with grip test fit
20161129_100943.jpg

Had to post a reply to this. I'm looking to make one of these, are there any plans /blueprints for it?

Thanks

You'll have to reach out to BornKilr...he did an excellent job on the replica at a fair price with terrific communication and updates.

In fact, I'd probably pick up another one if he ever did a few...I sold mine with my 1:1 Ledger Joker :(

Had to post a reply to this. I'm looking to make one of these, are there any plans /blueprints for it?

Thanks
Well, there were 'plans', but they were created by me from photos of the actual gun. They are pretty haphazard with no notations of any kind. Some of the parts were set up for a CNC router, some a laser cutter and some for hand cutting on a scroll saw. Its very possible that some of the parts were modified on the fly if they didn't work and the changes never made it back to the 'blueprints'. And some of the detail was created by scratch. I'll look this weekend for the files and try to find the most recent/complete version. They were created in Illustrator CS5 but should open in any of the newer versions.

Hey, man. Haven't forgotten you. Just got busy this past week. I think I've found most of the final art and will merge it into one file.

Heys guys, if anyone is interested, I'm thinking of starting an interest thread for this build. I've had a little activity lately so figured I'd throw it out there. I'm gonna start reconning material prices (since things have gone up so much right now) then check what parts I still have on hand, then depending on interest, I can get some pricing info together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back