Dark Crystal - itself

Nwerke

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Guys/girls, has anyone ever seen the original Dark Crystal prop? Not the shards, the main crystal itself. Was it ever on display, are there any UNpublished pics around the net, are there any good replicas around, etc etc?

I have the World of the Dark Crystal art book and the Making of book, I have the DVD and the documentary, and that's about it for coverage of the titular prop unfortunately. Looking for anything additional to those resources.

No...but I got the SIDESHOW FIGURES!! and Im glad I saved em.

My kid finally got old enough to watch it and she loved the movie and thought the figures were awesome!

Ah! I'm so looking forward to that. My boy's 4...he's still terrified of the first two Harry Potter films, lol. :)

Didn't even KNOW there was a BR. Agree, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd post renders of my 3D project but sadly, it's ****. I need more refs; I'm just not talented enough to nail it from screen caps. :(

Ah! I'm so looking forward to that. My boy's 4...he's still terrified of the first two Harry Potter films, lol. :)

Don't wait too long! We waited to watch it with our daughter for the same reason, but we waited a bit too long and she had some difficulty with the pacing.

On the other hand, she absolutely loved characters/creatures and I got to tell her, "When we were young, we didn't have computers--we had felt and foam! And we had to walk to work--up hill both ways--and use scissors and glue!"

- JD

On the other hand, she absolutely loved characters/creatures and I got to tell her, "When we were young, we didn't have computers--we had felt and foam! And we had to walk to work--up hill both ways--and use scissors and glue!"

- JD

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed,, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

I love Monty Python ;)

The Dark Crystal was one of my favorite films as a child, the entire story was captivating the visual aspect was just beautifully immersive, not like cgi were everything just looks flat. they truly need to being back stop motion and puppetry which is a dying art. Hopefully someone will use it In a major motion picture just to keep this film making artistry alive. real locations, puppetry, stop motion. Maybe Cgi is why all the remakes are Bombing at the box office, maybe the fact that no one wants to pay bloated ticket prices and sit in a crowded theater with noisey people to see a movie they can rent for 3 bucks on demand. oh well the movie going experience will change and very soon. with the introduction of In Theaters in our Cable companies on demand programing should start to show Big Budget movies soon and in effect will end the need to be in said noisy nasty theaters.

Didn't even KNOW there was a BR. Agree, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd post renders of my 3D project but sadly, it's ****. I need more refs; I'm just not talented enough to nail it from screen caps. :(

You are a Dark Crystal fan and you dont have the Blu-Ray???? :confused

Didn't even KNOW there was a BR.
Yeah it came about over 12 months ago. Close up detail is looking pretty good. Backgrounds look ordinary thanks to the over done edge enhancement. A classic film and must have for all fans of the film for fantasy in general.

Yes, It's called "Four Yorkshiremen"

I meant I thought Eric Idle was the one of the Four Yorkshiremen that said that particular line. :)

But I'm not sure if he has seen the original Dark Crystal prop--sorry for hijacking your thread, Nwerke!

- JD

It seems the Dark Crystal still exists! You can see it in the Creature Shop Challenge "Return of the Skeksis" ! Awesome props on display!!! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back