DancinFool - Iron Man Mark 3 Pepakura Foam Templates

Great progress Kurtis.

Thanks man! I'm well into the painting phase at this point actually, I'll probably be painting the left thigh and chest+back this weekend. I'm using pretty much the Xrobots method, except I use smoothcast 321 as opposed to 65D. I have a thread about it if you want to check it out. Thanks again!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

DancinFool - Thanks for the great files.

MrBibou - Thanks for all the great information you've posted in this thread. And all the tips you've given along the way. The soldering iron to smooth out the edges, BRILLIANT!

HI! *Sheepish wave* I'm going to try my hand at making Iron Man for some upcoming conventions, so I thought I'd join so I can ask my inevitable dumb questions. XD I'm amazed by all the hard work everyone has put in and hope I can also get some good results with a bit of elbow grease and help from you guys. C:

Nice to meet you all!

Also: After re-re-re-scaling the hands as a start to the project... I think I might have the hands of a ten-year-old boy.

Last edited:
HI! *Sheepish wave* I'm going to try my hand at making Iron Man for some upcoming conventions, so I thought I'd join so I can ask my inevitable dumb questions. XD I'm amazed by all the hard work everyone has put in and hope I can also get some good results with a bit of elbow grease and help from you guys. C:

Nice to meet you all!

Also: After re-re-re-scaling the hands as a start to the project... I think I might have the hands of a ten-year-old boy.

i thought hands were going to be hard but all i did was buy a batting glove and built around it while wearing it. i'll take a pic and post it so you can see. it's my first glove so it might look a little sloppy well at least to me it does.

i thought hands were going to be hard but all i did was buy a batting glove and built around it while wearing it. i'll take a pic and post it so you can see. it's my first glove so it might look a little sloppy well at least to me it does.

hope you can see the pics and excuse the mess. my girl only lets me work on my project in the kitchen...
:unsure

Oi, I haven't seen much on building the hands/gauntlets on here... my first run was okay but not great, and now that I've slightly widened the recessed pieces to allow for more gluing surface, they should fit better. Phase: JazzHands is a go! :D

a very big thanks to dancinfool, zabana and stealth for making this dream build come true after almost a year

598805_4438424486115_1917542378_n.jpg

more suit action pix here

http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-patriot-project-will-not-fly-140978/index3.html

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it looks like your thighs might need to be a bit bigger around so they can sit higher. (That'd be a simple matter of adding a strip of foam in the inner thigh and painting it to match.) Something about them looks slightly off and it's taking away from the hard work you obviously put into it!

Last edited:
Question, are the files already set for a person 6'1" or do they need to be resized, or do you recommend they be resized larger than they already are?

Thanks for the help

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back