DancinFool - Iron Man Mark 3 Pepakura Foam Templates

Hi I want to build my own suit based in your blueprints, but I can't find the latest ones, can someone tell me which ones are? I want the mark III in the first page of the post, IT'S AWESOME!!!!! I have found some PDF, other pepakura files, but aren't the same as the first image or I'm wrong?

DancinFool ...if you don't mind me asking, what is scale did you used?

- - - Updated - - -

what scale did you use for yourself

- - - Updated - - -

what scale did you use for yourself

Coming soon...

thanks Mr. for the Hot knife tips... I'm thrilled with the results... This is a quick pic of my first full IM foam build, almost complete. I'll post more in the future. I, like Mr. Bibou, want to finish it before I begin posting alot.

This is done from DF's foam files, with JF custom files, Stealth's chest and back edits of the DF, and several scratch parts that took way too long.

Thanks for the amazing files everyone!

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg636/theillustrationer/IMrough1.jpg

nice work it looks well balance..the hardest part is making the chest look correct, to big and it makes the whole thing look top heavy and husky with little arms and legs.

what is the scale you are using on parts?

hey bud.

I'm not exactly sure what scale it was, I think around 1.42 or 1.52, something in there. You may check out the thread I started for that build. It was almost a year ago now, but I can say that I used stealth's Dancinfool modified files for the chest and back, and mostly JFCustom's for the rest. I'd have to go back on a windows computer to see the exact scale, because I used different people's files for different parts of the suit. I know I scaled everything down at least 10% (using the scale factor, not the automatic 10% increments) from the original size. The originals pretty much fit a 6' tall person supposedly, but I'm 5'11'' and found them all to be too big for my taste. That being said, I could have scaled the chest up another 2.5-5% bigger.

Another thing to note is that most of JF's files start at a 1.65 scale factor (I believe), but some don't. The way I figured my scaling was to print things out on a sturdy cardstock first and build the piece to see if it fit my body. It's a pain in the neck, but it's really the only way to see if it will fit your body like you want it to, as far as I know. If you were to only use JFCustom's files for the entire suit, it may turn out a little bubbly or big looking if you don't customize it to your body. I LOVE his files and am so thankful for them, but when it is simplified for foam, you lose certain angularity and details that you must come back and create yourself. This isn't a bad thing, and not even necessary at all if you don't mind the simplicity. Overall, you will have an amazing suit either way.

I took a decidedly complicated approach to my scaling, using different folks' files for different parts of the suit, but overall it worked well. I just liked the look of certain versions better. When files are altered, tiny details are altered, and even subtle changes can end up affecting the overall look. In hindsight, I feel it's important to keep the scaling as close as possible throughout the suit, and stick to maybe one or two sources for your files. :) :) :)

i have the full files for the suit but i am on a mac. so pepakura doesn't come for mac
unless someone can make a mac version of pepakura or convert these to pdf in different scales, i cannot make the suit
i am actually trying to get a mark 2 but the mark three is pretty much the same

Looks very very nice.Didn´t work with foam till now. When I see this result I think I
would try a job alsowith foam. Very nice.

Hey guys! Finally got my costume to a fully wearable status!

These are all Dancinfool's files. With a helmet from thorssoli. Went to the Nashville Comic Expo, and won first place for the costume contest. I'm so cool :cool

20130914_132724.jpg
MyCollage_1.png
20130914_173800.jpgIMG_20130914_183215.jpgMyCollage_0.pngPhoto 1.jpg

Just wanting to show my progress with my Mark 3 using Dancinfool's Foam templates
Untitled.png
I've been using 9mm Pink foam because It's been pretty much all I can get a hold of :/ But hopefully tomorrow I shall be picking up some 3-6mm A4/A3 sheets (Only a few, there not cheep) to work on the neck, a section on the back, part of the thigh and for the boots. This has been my first cosplay project and I am only 15, but as I am still not as experienced as everyone I plan to make this a casually hobby of mine to improve my skills and hopefully present some nice work in the future. I shall be using a hot knife to add in the additional details required.
If anyone has any tips for this project that would be great!

Thanks man! Some progress...1460007_10151830502433182_1735746336_n.jpg1453515_10151830502533182_1018770133_n.jpg
Now the problem is the plastic coating method. It's working, but i dont really get a super smooth surface. I guess I will have to sand and fill a lot...

Thanks! I'm using Xrobots plastic coating method. It's my first time doing something like this, so i have to work a lot on every single piece of the armor to get a smooth look. I have no idea how long it will take or how the final result will be once painted.

Cool, well good things take time. I really like how the shape of your chest turned out. I've noticed in a lot of builds that the chest piece looks a little squished but yours looks to have the proper shape.

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back