Interest Dan Laws ATAT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and armor

Studio Stasis

Sr Member
As most of you already know, Dan Laws has been a well respected member of the prop community, fabricating and sculpting the cleanest and most impressive Star Wars costume pieces to date. Dan has been overwhelmed with demand for a very long time and has decided to pass along this project to us, while tackling the last of his pending orders personally. This thread is not about his preexisting orders, as those do not fall under the jurisdiction of Dan's agreement with us.

We will be offering very short, limited runs of his previous pieces, in kit form with an assembled helmet and chest box. This means all of the helmet and armor components, accessories, and decals will be included, and helmets will come assembled, but not completed. Greeblies will be resin (not machined aluminum).

The first of those limited runs is for the ATAT Driver helmet and armor, and TIE Pilot helmet and armor.

AT-AT Driver kit: $850 (plus shipping)

TIE Pilot kit: $750 (plus shipping)

Send a PM if you would like to be added to the list for this limited run. Kits will be limited to a run of 10 each and no further orders will be taken until those orders have been received. Please allow 4-10 weeks for delivery once payments have been received after the commencement of the run.

LawsATATfront_zpshku3fehn.jpg

new%20082_zpsa4zidiln.jpg

ATAT_zpswbymzho8.jpg

TIE1_zpshrlqbsym.jpg

TIE2_zpsdrcs9zav.jpg

LawsATATfront_zpshku3fehn.jpg

new%20082_zpsa4zidiln.jpg

ATAT_zpswbymzho8.jpg

TIE1_zpshrlqbsym.jpg

TIE2_zpsdrcs9zav.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Dan Laws AT AT kit, it's awesome, however the two circular bits that connect the hoses to the chest box need replacing, would I be able to get two from you as I've tried to match it myself with various other stuff but it never looks right.

Cheers,

Steve

Awesome, I tried to get some from Dan directly in the past but he was always too busy and confused as to which bit I wanted. I'll shoot you a PM

Same here. Thought I worked out a partial trade with him for some tie armor for my greeblie molds but it has been years now.

Same here. Thought I worked out a partial trade with him for some tie armor for my greeblie molds but it has been years now.

Dan probably got overwhelmed or forgot about that particular trade. I know that he is currently finishing up his pending orders. You might contact him if you wanted to ask him about a previous deal. Maybe he would still be up for it?

Just got my Dan Laws AtAt fully finished set. I am currently working on mounting my metal Elvis trooper parts. The Tie is coming soon and the Snowtrooper came some time ago but sadly had to be sold.

First,..Totally worth the very long wait. This thing is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Anvos will make them screen accurate because they are huge. I may be wrong and it would be cool if they did. Mega huge. (Tie and AtAt helmet) I always thought they just hired small actors for the Tie and AtAt pilots. Nope. Normal people, huge helmets. Make Vader look like a pin head.

These things are awesome. Can't say enough good things.

Totally worth the wait.

I will do a full review and post lots of pics ASAP.

Also if Dan has forgotten anything get in touch with him and he will take care of it. Facebook is the best way to reach him.

jimjimmyjones85 - The payments will be in a lump sum for this run, but probably wont be required until the end of this month when the list is hopefully full for this run.
The reason that the payments will be in a lump sum (up front) is because each of these orders is going toward the purchase of Dans molds. Once Dan receives payment, he will be shipping the molds to us and we will begin fulfillment for this run of helmets and armor.

Tom1971 - Thanks for the awesome post. The wait will be significantly reduced for this run, as Dan will not be stuck overwhelmed and buried in orders. These will be fulfilled by us while Dan completes his pending orders. I don't foresee this run taking more than 10 weeks to complete to fulfillment.

Moncal was it but he is buried doing Anovos stuff. Anovos will be offering parts which is where I will get my soft parts. At least whatever they offer.

Dan Laws took a look on the Anovos website and realized that the prototypes for ATAT Driver, TIE Pilot, and Snowtrooper armor were his own work, but Anovos said it's fine because they will ultimately be scanning originals in the archives, rather than using the prototypes that were built to get them through their licensing phase. Regardless of the reasoning, I'm told that this is the reason for Dan's retirement. He was livid. Bummer.

Moncal was the prototype supplier for Anovos, so I imagine things between Dan and Cal might be tense at this point. For soft parts, I really don't have any leads, but I would be happy to pass along leads as I discover them. Anovos will probably supply the best, and most affordable soft parts that we can find.

Vince - A completed kit is doable, but would have to be pushed to the end of the delivery list to avoid causing a longer wait time for anyone that is on the list for a standard unfinished kit. The hope is that these kits will not exceed a delivery time of more than 10 weeks for the entire run. That should be plenty of time to get everyone their orders. If you're okay with a little bit of extra wait time and a higher cost point, feel free to contact me directly about a finished set.

Dan Laws took a look on the Anovos website and realized that the prototypes for ATAT Driver, TIE Pilot, and Snowtrooper armor were his own work, but Anovos said it's fine because they will ultimately be scanning originals in the archives, rather than using the prototypes that were built to get them through their licensing phase. Regardless of the reasoning, I'm told that this is the reason for Dan's retirement. He was livid. Bummer.

Moncal was the prototype supplier for Anovos, so I imagine things between Dan and Cal might be tense at this point. For soft parts, I really don't have any leads, but I would be happy to pass along leads as I discover them. Anovos will probably supply the best, and most affordable soft parts that we can find.

Vince - A completed kit is doable, but would have to be pushed to the end of the delivery list to avoid causing a longer wait time for anyone that is on the list for a standard unfinished kit. The hope is that these kits will not exceed a delivery time of more than 10 weeks for the entire run. That should be plenty of time to get everyone their orders. If you're okay with a little bit of extra wait time and a higher cost point, feel free to contact me directly about a finished set.

This is very interesting

Take it for what it's worth. It's all second hand information, but I did have a first hand discussion with the Anovos guys at Celebration and they assured me that they will be scanning these items in the archives to produce their final pieces. I'm excited about the items that Anovos is offering. I've already purchased 3 complete costumes and 1 helmet from them to show my support.

The latest, greatest Dan Laws At AT Driver. Just about one week old.

I will be doing a full thread on this shortly but thought I would throw some pics here. Note there are no aluminum parts on it yet other than the armor straps, I.E. no tusks, etc.

New%20Collection%20018.jpg

New%20Collection%20020.jpg

New%20Collection%20021.jpg

Very nice, DL's AT-AT armor and helmet are the best! For the most accurate tusks out there, made from Michel darts try Zombiekiller. I'd replace the hoses too.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back