Daft Punk Helmet - Guy Manuel

jango trooper

Hi all,

I got this helmet for my birthday last month. Went up to Scotland to pick it up from the maker in March. Was great to see the maker.

I cut a bit of the back out. Mainly the front where the visor will sit in.

d839fa22913206cbe70be18d5935ac8d.jpg

8dd8256c0d20e6d5cc4aeb426ab18755.jpg

A lot of mess made from cutting out the visor.

Done a bit of work to it.

It's made by Sorenzo Props!

It looks like a plastic/nylon screw spacer you would get at a hardware store. For a wall mount tv or something...
$_35.JPG

you can get them in a lot of different sizes and lengths. Best guess.

I have purchased some audio jacks from ebay.

I have also ordered the electronics from AlexPlusLeds too. Can't wait for the electronic parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone built one of Thom's helmets before? Any links?

Does everyone cut the lip out that I have left where the visor goes in?

Hi Jango Trooper,
I have built five kits, Mostly Sporgos or Artyoms. I always leave the lip so my visor has something to rest on. I also built in a Velcro system for the visor so I can take it off for easy access.1.jpg
2.jpg

Brief update. Had to source parts on ebay.co.uk

Guy Man Upgrade kit all complete. Just need to put filters on.

9211ae9b09487bc94ae0a83787ba0e7b.jpg

Have completed the sidebars so far too.

f756e2383e86588a1bf527c589ec78f5.jpg

Just need to wire them up together.

Hi all, trying to revive old posts.

Am trying to get back to my Daft Punk helmet builds after all these years. Life got in the way of these projects!

With the Daft Club gone (years ago), I’m stuck to references for Guy Manuel helmet.

Can anyone provide any references for Guy helmet?

I’m also seeing discrepancies in Guy helmets, i.e some with white,red, green wires at the back and some just chromed. Which is the correct way? Is the pre a timeline for all this?

As reviving this old post for reference for myself and for everyone I’m going with my existing electronics projects with this helmet.

Can anyone help with reference and knowledge on this helmet? I’m also reviving my Thomas helmet to which I need help with also.

My cousin bobatrooper is helping with these helmets also.

I'm seeing different builds from different makers and I wanted to know which is the correct way to make mine authentic! If anyone can help would be great.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back