D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Last night's episode was pretty good with Felicity visit and Captain Cold debut. Wentworth Miller did a terrific job as Captain Cold. I wished however he made his own gun instead of stealing it. As for the outfit, it looked too civilian. It could've been better like Arrow's a crossbreed between civilian and costume. The jacket and hood (with less fur) could've been form fitting. Maybe he could adjust his gun not to kill, rather just to freeze like in the comics. Otherwise great episode, looking forward to Arrow-Flash crossover with Captain Boomerang!

That train scene was fantastic ! I think I love the Flash more than Arrow now. Love to see Barry actually use his speed all the time, even when not in costume.

Maybe he could adjust his gun not to kill, rather just to freeze like in the comics.

The problem with that is even in the comics Cold's claim to fame is that he's the only "cold themed" villain to have mastered absolute zero. The episode was also co-written by the guy who literally wrote the book on the Rogues over the past decade or so.

my name is michael scofield. After years in hellish prisons, ive come home with only one goal: to steal as much as possible. But to do so, i cant be the good guy i once was. to honor my brothers memory, i must be someone else. i must be something else...

Y'know... that episode was fantastic all the way around. Wentworth Miller made for a cold, calculating Snart (no pun intended). Doctor Wells is terrifying when angry (mostly because he put out a LOT of menace and anger while SEATED IN A WHEELCHAIR). The Joe/Eddie exchanges were awesome all the way around. I liked how Cisco had good intentions when creating the cold gun.

But the best part of that episode?

Felicity and her little black dress.

I don't know how the hell that woman manages to go from "pretty" to heart-stoppingly beautiful in no time, but damn!

I guess it helps that the costume department is really on the ball with her style, picking out wardrobe that is just perfectly suited to her and her character (so much so that entire blogs are dedicated to Felicity Smoak fashion).

Yeah Felicity is so hot and I don't understand why Barry didn't bother to call her when he woke up from coma like she asked him and what's wrong with him for not going for her? I know that both agreed they are perfect for each other and that their real interests are for someone else (Oliver & Iris) but it would be nice for them to just date (even though it's temporary). Otherwise, I want to see Felicity have a relationship more than Barry. Maybe Ray Palmer for Felicity.

Last edited:
I like that they are doing the cross-over thing. Universe building is awesome.

Like that they brought Captain Cold in.

Question: Who is the guy that got the heat gun from Cold at the end of the episode?

Question: Is Barry a total **** for not jumping all over the blonde?

So far I'm digging this show.

Was this past episode a new one or a rerun? My guide showed it as a repeat so I skipped it. Hope I didn't miss a new episode.

Oh good, it didn't record, I thought i had too many things scheduled or something. I didn't imagine the CW would avoid putting new episodes against election coverage.

even though it follows the same plot points of smallville, it's no where NEAR as depressing to watch. Barry is far more fun a portrayal to watch than the depressing 'woe is me' tom welling of clark kent. I also expect them to draw out he silly relationship and secret thing for seasons like smallville did, and get pleasantly surprised whe things are resolved a few episodes later or even in the same episode.

unlike with smallville over the years, so far I'm looking forward to new episodes...they seem to have fixed the things I found really annoying on smallvile

I just wish they didn't put the big 'grodd' sign over his cage. any true comic fan or DC animated watcher over the last decade knows who that is. the sign is kind of insulting ;o)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back