cyberpunk 2077 game

It's funny, for all the hype this game has been getting, initial impressions from those who've played it are a bit...tepid. It's just okay from what I'm hearing.

From what I understand, most reviewer had a partial patch, while later when the game is out there will be again a new patch to complete what was already pushed. Still, I don’t doubt there will be some bugs, but nothing I heard is game breaking, a few floating guns here and there and dialogue overlap at most, I don’t expect much trouble
If you are on PC with nvidia GPU don’t forget to update your nvidia drivers, they pushed out a specific update for Cyberpunk

I'm absolutely loving this game. I have the first patch and I'm playing on The PS4 original. I'm 12=16 hours in and the story becomes very in depth and riveting. I find it hard to put down actually. The level of immersion is iimpressive.The game is massive and the amount of things to do seem endless. Open world rugs are my thing and this game is a game changer IMO.

That being said it isn't without some problems .I've encountered a few bugs, nothing game breaking, 1npc frozen in a strange position, and 3 blue screen ccrashes. Ive had to tweak the graphic settings in game, turn off motion blur, grain etc.

Pros -

Graphics
Writing
Voice Acting

Cons -

'Open world' is empty as hell, very little interaction available outside of main quests
Common bugs/glitches (from minor to game breaking depending on platform)
Quite a spectacular lack of promised features
AI is garbage. Like literal 1998 game level garbage.

With 6 months of patches and more features (ala No Mans Sky) this will be an amazing game, as it is it's just ok, and certainly not what was promised. I got 8 hours in a stopped, will return to it if and when they complete it.

I've been enjoying it. I think there's another tutorial or two on having I wish they had done. There are some things that they are just leaving you up to sort out, that's frustrating

Looked at the post listing and it was started in 2013...7 years to make a game? and that's after announcing it? That's like Duke Nuke'em territory there.

My nephew started playing it and admittedly my PC is on the lower end of the specs, but he said it's a choppy mess. He said it looks good, but there's some kind of frame rate issues or something. I'm going to wait a month before I try it.

My nephew started playing it and admittedly my PC is on the lower end of the specs, but he said it's a choppy mess. He said it looks good, but there's some kind of frame rate issues or something. I'm going to wait a month before I try it.

Lower end/older PCs, along with early Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, are showing blisteringly fast TEN frames per second during combat!!!

It also sometimes takes 10-15 seconds for graphics on buildings (signs, etc) to populate, and often explosion graphics and sound happen 3-4 seconds after whatever you’ve blown up has...well...blown up.

The game is such a mess that the developer is actually offering refunds for it.

I've been enjoying it so far, about 50 hours sunk in, but it is unpolished and missing features (and content!) that should be there. I def agree that in 6-12 months, it has potential to be what it was presented to be.

The story however is really good, and the city itself is jaw-dropping. With a better AI and more interaction points such as shops and food stalls, and it would be the single most impressive video game background I would lay my eyes on. As it is, cruising around in a car or bike on a 55" oled screen on ultra settings is already quite something. I found myself stopping just to look at it and take pictures quite a few times.

Not impacted by the performance though, but that was expected, with RTX 3080 and all, but I understand the frustration from console players. Hopefully they make good on their promises and the upcoming patches will make the experience more enjoyable for them.

I've been enjoying it so far, about 50 hours sunk in, but it is unpolished and missing features (and content!) that should be there. I def agree that in 6-12 months, it has potential to be what it was presented to be.

The story however is really good, and the city itself is jaw-dropping. With a better AI and more interaction points such as shops and food stalls, and it would be the single most impressive video game background I would lay my eyes on. As it is, cruising around in a car or bike on a 55" oled screen on ultra settings is already quite something. I found myself stopping just to look at it and take pictures quite a few times.

Not impacted by the performance though, but that was expected, with RTX 3080 and all, but I understand the frustration from console players. Hopefully they make good on their promises and the upcoming patches will make the experience more enjoyable for them.

I'm set then. In 6-12 months I should be able to build a new PC. :lol: My current PC is going on 7 years old, though I replaced my GTX 780ti with a 980ti. I'm going to give the game a try shortly because my cousin has a similar PC and he says he can run it on medium settings and it looks fine. I'm thinking my nephew, knowing him, was trying to run it on high or ultra because he started playing it before I had set anything up.

Waiting for next gen version. I’m in no rush.

Same. I initially had the PS4 version pre-ordered but cancelled it months ago knowing that by the time of release the consoles would be last gen and a game as ambitious as Cyberpunk was going to have some serious issues running on them. I figure by the time I pick up a PS5 the game will have received some significant overhauling.

Huh. That's honestly a little surprising, but I guess if the PS version is really that jacked up, they might as well.

I've been playing on PC, and there have been bugs I've witnessed, but nothing out of bounds for just being a big ass rpg. Everything I've seen in this game I've seen in skyrim, so I'm not to bent. Not saying I don't look forward to patch improvements, but I still have fun playing the game.

My husband got it for me as part of my Christmas gifts and I played a truly stupid number of hours of it during my PTO in the first part of the week. I've been enjoying it a LOT, and haven't encountered any real issues with it, but I play on PC, so that may account for it. I'm about 2/3 through the main storyline and have a real love-hate relationship going on with Johnny.

So I'm not surprised they're pulling it from the PS Store. It is trash on the PS4. I've seen better looking/performing XBox 360/PS3 games.

Also, I feel like I'm constantly unprepared for everything that they throw at me. I started one quest because I just wanted my car back (which said it was at a level I could complete), and next thing I know there are multiple quests added to my log- and I only realize after starting one of them (because it just automatically starts tracking after I completed the intro) that they are waaay above my ability to complete. So I bail on the ONE quest, thinking I'd just come back when I'm appropriately leveled and the rest all immediately fail? How does that make any sense?

Even for the quests I'm strong enough to tackle, it's agonizingly frustrating to kill enemies. I have this cool hacking tool that's basically useless in a straight-up gunfight (re: only seems useful for stealthy sneaking at my point of progression), and yet game keeps wanting to throw me into straight-up gunfights.

I love the idea of this game, but it's really testing my patience to continue.

Oh, and minor nitpick but it annoys the hell out of me that there's no way to 'exit' a conversation dialog. I just have to... walk away?

I haven't had any glaring issues, but I'm playing on a PC that's not quite bleeding edge. i9-9900 at 3.6Ghz with a ton of RAM and a 2080ti, and the game runs smooth as silk all blinged out.

The bugs I've seen thus far tend to be objects on screen that I can't line up to interact with (e.g., a piece of junk I want to pick up that I can't quite grasp), and one time when I called my car, it drove in circles as it came towards me and managed to destroy itself in the process, which was actually kinda funny as bugs go (I already had other vehicles to use).

Gameplay-wise, the core story is very entertaining so far, but I'm probably only about 10% through that. The side quests are interesting, too, when you get them from fixers as opposed to just the random street crime incidents.

I wasn't expecting there to be a ton of interaction with the world, so I'm not especially disappointed at that. There's background discussions between NPCs, and you can buy food here and there (Though, why would you? I have no idea, since there's so much of it lying around for free and it doesn't seem to have a huge impact on the game.) It reminds me of the Elder Scrolls games, just with less repeated dialogue ("I used to be a solo like you, until I took a flechette round to the knee...").

Combat has been...fine, I guess? It's tough to get a read on, since I haven't done much of it outside of random street fights. My combat has played out the following ways:

- I take cover and burst-fire to take out 3-ish punks with headshots mostly. Occasionally I run and gun with a shotgun. Other times I snipe from afar.

- I rush in with a melee weapon, usually a sword, and slice and dice them fast.

- I stealth the entire encounter. I start by hacking the cameras with a breach protocol, then access them and use them to scan around, mark targets, and then hit them repeatedly with the Short Circuit quick-hack. They look around but have no idea where I am, and basically just fry. That often feels too easy, though, so I'm exploring other things.

Probably the single most fun thing I've done is the lead-up to the first major job of the main story. That felt the most atmospheric and cool. I had to go take out some punks to get the little robot I'd need, then my crew and I had to use the Braindance thing to scope out the apartment. That was seriously cool. And then it all came into play when we broke in.......buuuuut, well, it wouldn't be much of a story if everything runs perfectly. But still, that was probably the most fun I've had so far.

Some of the side quests have been pretty cool, too. Rescuing this one journalist from hitmen, finding the favorite hacker of one of my fixers who'd somehow gotten himself stuck in the Net, stuff like that. It adds some atmosphere and makes the game feel more "alive" than just cruising the city beating up Tyger Claws and other punks.

One thing I've NOT enjoyed so far is the fistfighting. It's not especially fun from first person perspective. Especially that one fight against the twins, which was a cool concept, but in actual execution was suuuuuper annoying, especially given that it's supposed to be an easy fight and is not when the twins double-team you.

But overall, I'm digging the game. I just wish I could keep my super-cool-looking clothing updated enough to actually provide good protection. As it stands, I just grab things that have a high armor value, and that look hideous. I'm hopng there comes a point where you have a critical mass of crafting supplies to keep all your favorite gear up to date. But some of that will also require unlocking skills that let me remove certain mods because I don't especially want to strip weapons for parts and lose a cool mod in the process.

Which reminds me -- I should see what the modding community is coming up with so far for this game. It's bound to have some cool mods on PC.

Yea its running pretty well on pc here too, nothing too fancy I5-4690k, 16gb ram, gtx1070. Plays perfectly smooth on ultra at 1080p. Tried 4k ultra and it ran, just not well, but thats to be expected. Just minor goofy glitches here and there. Most the backlash is the last gen consoles and lack of features that were supposed to be in there. I didn't follow it super close, so for me its not a perfect game, but what is there is fun.

There is word about a pretty bad issue that a lot of people will apparently get to eventually. Once your character save file hits 6mb, load times go up at lot, and over 8mb, the save will no longer load. Which is pretty egregious. Apparently doing a ton of crafting will get you there a lot faster so be careful. Hopefully its able to be addressed soonish

I had 3 extra days off last week, so I played an absolutely STUPID amount of the game during that time. I actually finished the game's story with my first character (female presenting streetkid V) last night, and MAN, that was interesting.

I feel like there were some pretty big unresolved elements that, hopefully, we'll get retrofitted with DLC, but overall, I really enjoy the game and have already started my next (male-presenting Corpo V) while offering assistance and guidance to my hubby as he continues his playthrough.

Some fun takeaways for me:
  • You can adopt a stray kitty and have it living in your apartment with you (its name is Nibbles in the game, but my husband insists on calling his 'Kaboodle').
  • Call Mama Welles early on and GO SEE HER. Hubby didn't do this and feels like he's really missed out since I told him the bare minimum of what happens. It's a great side mission and you get to know some of your homie Jackie's background that you wouldn't get otherwise.
  • Motorcycles are my favorite way of driving, though driving in general blows on a PC mouse-and-keyboard setup.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back