Cyberman wins at DragonCon

blf

First DragonCon, First costume and we won two contests and placed 2nd at Masquerade. Everyone who asked how we made the costume got pointed to this forum.

Thanks to everyone who helped us withe the kid's cyberman costume! Was a HUGE success and my daughter was loving all the attention.

LOL, a kid in a store bought Angry bird costume won because he and his parents did a skit where he was sling-shot into a stuffed green pig. It was high on cute factor, especially since he didn't have a clue as to what to do.

. Oh well, she was ecstatic at getting second!

ETA - MY BAD - the angry bird costume was NOT store bought - see Pat's comment below.

Last edited:
LOL, a kid in a store bought Angry bird costume won because he and his parents did a skit where he was sling-shot into a stuffed green pig. It was high on cute factor, especially since he didn't have a clue as to what to do. One of the criteria was whether it was home made or bought, i think they forgot that part - lol

. Oh well, she was ecstatic at getting second!

I loved the little Cyberman costume, but are you sure that the Angry Bird costume was store bought? I just looked and while there are costumes out there, none seem to match what they had exactly. I think the Angry Bird one won because it probably had broader appeal (and because the kid running across stage and punting the pig was hilarious). Sadly, the judges probably don't know what 75% of what is on stage is from.

The Angry Bird is my son, and my wife made the costume from scratch including construction of the wire frame, paneling and sewing the fabric and felt for the Angry Bird, and crocheting and knitting his hat. No part of the bird was "store bought."

That said, your daughter's Cyberman costume was awesome!

Do forgive me Pat. It was good enough to pass as store bought. I went back and looked after a previous post and I would have sworn it was store bought - cause it was that good.

The Angry Bird is my son, and my wife made the costume from scratch including construction of the wire frame, paneling and sewing the fabric and felt for the Angry Bird, and crocheting and knitting his hat. No part of the bird was "store bought."

That said, your daughter's Cyberman costume was awesome!

Your kid has a future in pig puntin'!

No offense taken. Just wanted to set the record straight. Thanks for the compliments. He's already talking about what he wants to do next year!

It was an amazing costume and I don't think I've seen a new Cyberman costume at Dragon*Con before hers. Congrats on the win.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back