CW Batwoman

Well, I guess I take back what I said about it not being preachy, that last episode was about as preachy as it can get. The point of this show seems to be that as long as you are different, all your crimes are forgiven.

And STUPID!!! She can now stop a speeding runaway train with her grappling gun?!! It took Spider-man about a thousand webs and a couple of miles to slow down and stop one, yet she can shoot one cable at it from her motorcycle and boink! It just stops in less than a few feet!? It was beyond stupid, it was so far past stupid, stupid would need binoculars to see it....

Last edited:
Yea, as all the CW shows have gone on longer and longer, it seems like they're become more prone to characters just accomplishing certain tasks "because super hero", without even a hand wave solution like there being a special piece of gear, or recent upgrade to equipment, that allows something to happen. I think most of the shows have been trying to go with more complicated, season+ long plot lines, and the space in the episodes to explain the day to day hero parts just isn't there like it was when they all started. It's all getting used up by bickering about Illuminati level nonsense. :p

Looks like Ruby Rose is moving on and Batwoman will be recast for season 2.

Ruby Rose Exits the CW’s ‘Batwoman’, DC Series To Recast Iconic Lead Role For Season 2.

At least she knew enough to look at the ratings disaster that Batwoman had become and exit stage right. Someone pointed out that there are YouTube channels which criticize Batwoman who have more views than the actual show does. That's got to tell you something. And of course, CW proves once again they're clueless because they are going to recast a lesbian woman specifically rather than find someone who can act. Because who cares if you can act, right?

Geez, I'm glad I gave up on the CW entirely.

You've got to be kidding. That first episode was the worst first episode of any of the CW shows I've ever seen!! The girl can't act worth beans. Gynmastics on the Star staff? Puh-leeze!!! The wire work was laughable. Terrible. I'll admit the first few minutes with the JSA was cool, but it went downhill and deep into a hole after that.

But, we are all entitled to our opinions. I gave it one shot and that's enough for me. Other than a couple of the really woke episodes of Batwoman, I was actually enjoying it.

BW's big problem was that of probably all super hero shows ever, the hero was involved, by far, the least. There were weeks BW got maybe 30 seconds of screen time, if that.

I've enjoyed the show, but I don't take the CW DC properties especially seriously as anything other than a fun watch.

That said, I was stunned at Rose's exit from the series. I mean, it makes sense on a level -- she's never done a long-term network TV show (at least, not in the states -- maybe she did something in AU), she isn't used to the schedule, and she apparently broke her frikkin' back during filming at one point. I can see where, given the strain, you might wanna bail. I suspect they'll just recast the role, rather than say "Oh, Kate Kane left to return to her home planet and died on the way." or whatever.

As for showing this to kids...I think it depends heavily on the kid involved, but I, for one, would not care about same-sex vs. opposite-sex relationships. I'd be more concerned about somewhat more explicit-than-PG sex and violence, and the show just generally being scarier than what you might want to show a kid.

I mean, they got people with their faces carved off. Stacked against that, two gals kissing barely makes it on the radar screen.

That's true. Seems like the show was more about Alice, The Crows, and sister crap.
And that's what turned me off of it. Every show these days devolve into a prime time soap opera, and it bugs me. It's why I stopped watching Lost (beyond just the weird ass scheduling BS), Grey's Anatomy, and Chicago Med. It doesn't entertain me to watch the entire cast sleeping with each other, and then getting into each other's business over it. It just doesn't. Skip the drama, and actually make the show what it's about. Batwoman stopped being about Batwoman about mid-way through the first season, and I stopped watching.

This is true. I really don't know why I was watching it. I would just record it and Supergirl and then just watch them both on Monday nights after work. Something to do while I'm on the treadmill to get me up until suppertime. Flash is the same...Just something that I don't really have to think about...sometimes I kinda like to turn my brain off and watch junk that doesn't require me to think, or even consider if it's good or not. I dump all this CW stuff in the same class as stuff like Xena and Hercules. Nothing to really take seriously, not really caring if it is good or not, just time filler.

At least, that's the way I think about it. Hell, I'm still watching Stargirl and that show is just...beyond...awful....I mean OMFG it is bad....

Gotta admit though, Ruby Rose is pretty damn hot!!!........maybe that is why I was watching it. :unsure:

1590888695900.gif

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back