CW Batwoman

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was excited to see Batwoman on the crossover episodes and now I’m even more pumped after seeing this photo.

Look at all those wonderful gadgets

F2A51034-9DC1-425A-A2AC-D63881EA16F3.jpeg

I liked it in the crossover.

the teaser commercials they're running are bad either. But it makes it look like she's wearing a 10-12ft long cape :)

Where does she get those Wonderful toys?

Oh yeah from her cousin.

It's a bit more streamlined than her clandestinely getting them by having them fall off the military delivery truck...
And you notice at the end, she says she won't let a man take credit for a woman's work or whatever it was. Well, considering she can only do this because she STOLE all of that stuff from Bruce Wayne... yeah. SJW idiocy ahoy!

I'm sorry, point of order... Bruce ABANDONED the stuff in that universe, so he doesn't get to take credit for ****.

I'm sorry, point of order... Bruce ABANDONED the stuff in that universe, so he doesn't get to take credit for ****.

Sure he does. He bought it, he paid for it, it's his. Without the resources he left behind, Batwoman wouldn't exist. She sure the hell didn't do it on her own.

How about make a brand new vigilante hero rather than have his cousin take on the mantle?

Robin eventually became Nightwing.

Not to mention that this trailer looks so corny.

Wonder Woman was an awesome example of a female hero who fought on her terms without having to live in the shadow of men. Kick ass movie and great character.

This just comes across as pushing an agenda. Maybe it's been done the same way in some of the comics, but to me, it's been done better. You can be a strong female character without having to hate men.

Last edited:
If Bruce hadn't inherited a basically unlimited amount of money, and a company with tendrils in nearly every facet of manufacturing and enterprise, from his parents, he wouldn't have done it either.

But he's not saying he did it all alone. Batwoman is.

How about make a brand new vigilante hero rather than have his cousin take on the mantle?

Robin eventually became Nightwing.

Not to mention that this trailer looks so corny.

Wonder Woman was an awesome example of a female hero who fought on her terms without having to live in the shadow of men. Kick ass movie and great character.

This just comes across as pushing an agenda. Maybe it's been done the same way in some of the comics, but to me, it's been done better. You can be a strong female character without having to hate men.

Of course it's part of an agenda. All Greg Berlanti shows have them anymore. It's why I gave up watching the CW entirely.

But he's not saying he did it all alone. Batwoman is.

She's the one out there, doing the job, risking her life, and people are identifying her as him. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to want to get some acknowledgement for doing the job he started and then seemingly abandoned. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

She's the one out there, doing the job, risking her life, and people are identifying her as him. I don't think it's unreasonable for her to want to get some acknowledgement for doing the job he started and then seemingly abandoned. That doesn't seem unreasonable.

That's because he EARNED it by spending years and years doing the job. Then she shows up, she steals his costume, she steals his bat-cave, then she gets mad that people are assuming she is him. Of course they are! She stole all of his stuff! Maybe she ought to go out and create her own identity?

Maybe you ought to actually watch the showing before trashing it? It may very well be what you think and it very well may not.

As for getting upset people think she's him, well, i'd probably be pissed, too, if i was a 5'-6", 110 pound woman being mistaken for a 6'-4" 220 pound guy. You'd also think 24" of bright red hair would be a giveaway as well. It's not like the whole story is out there, we know from the cross over bruce/batman disappeared awhile ago. Don't know why, and i don't think they said how long ago. But, there's been a decided gap. No one was doing the job, she stepped in and it should be readily apparent, she's not him.

I don't know the comic origin, but Batwoman's been a round a good long time. It's not like they just invented her exclusively from the show, in which case, you'd have a point. It'd be up there with making Thor a woman in my book in which case create a new one, don't take the mantle of an old one. But this one did exist, it wasn't just created.

And to be quite honest, they're doing this because DC (the brass) is stupid and won't let them use batman, otherwise, this would likely be batman. Just like smallville, you could have clark, but not superman, which was dumb. Gotham let them use bruce, but not batman. They're not letting WB/Berlanti use batman is likely why the went this route. I actually like the fact that it's an unknown character to me as well, but that's another issue. Their claim is they trying to avoid confusion (BS). Superman does exist in Supergirl and doesn't create confusion with the movies. Flash TV existed years before Flash movie and that wasn't confusion (to them at least). But, batman in both places they believe still causes confusion, let alone in the mind of most viewers of either screen size that they all know Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, Affleck, and frankly West all as batman on different screens in basically 4 different universes and they're adding a 5th universe and another actor.

DC is the clueless one here. Berlanti and Co have done a better job with the characters they've been permitted to use than DC has with their current 'universe' on the big screen (except for WW and possible Aquaman (haven't seen that one)).

But please bash something as a fait accompli over 2 minutes of trailer of a show that hasn't finished a handful of episodes yet. It's one thing to think it isn't for you, it's something else to trash it over it's content due to a couple of lines.

Guys, this is the CW. Of course it is going to SUCK!!

The thing is, it didn't used to be like that. Now though, everything on it is made for little kids and teenage girls. It's why everything on the channel is terrible anymore. Same thing with what used to be called ABC Family, which became Freeform and now it's something else. If you're over 20, it's going to suck.

You could fix a lot of that trailer by just changing one word.
"The suit is perfect."
"It will be. When it fits me."

(That, and getting rid of the last cringey line in the trailer.)

It's great to have a female protagonist. It's fine to have a homosexual protagonist. But it's weak to root her identity in her gender and sexuality. I'm hoping the series isn't driven by this one idea, but the trailer certainly gives that impression. CW, take a page from the MCU playbook for a change. The Black Widow was a strong character because neither she, nor the other members, made any big deal about her gender.

If that isn't bad enough, did she really have to piss on Bruce Wayne's legacy to promote herself? It's not only misplaced writing, it makes me think less of her character.

(n) for me.

Too much 'girl power' being jammed down my face! (and this is only the trailer!)

Totally makes me NOT focus on the character itself anymore.

If she wanted/wants her own (whether appropriate or not) KUDOS here... then be original.

"I'm Batwoman!! (why is everyone associating me with me Batman!) Ugggh..."

umm.. maybe choose a different name/customer/theme/vibe perhaps??

(eye roll)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back