Cute Little Enterprise (TOS)

Guess what this is for?

IMG_5282.JPG

What you have there is the perfect paint finish for the power domes on the nacelles.

I airbrush my 1/1000 Enterprise models with a 50/50 mix of Tamiya XF-12 JN Grey and XF-2 Flat White, which is lighter than Gary Kerr's recommendation of a 10% addition of Flat White to JN Grey to match the hull color. I do this because I typically add several coats of clear to the model, which darkens the final finish overall, and also makes the decal film completely disappear.

E

What you have there is the perfect paint finish for the power domes on the nacelles.

I airbrush my 1/1000 Enterprise models with a 50/50 mix of Tamiya XF-12 JN Grey and XF-2 Flat White, which is lighter than Gary Kerr's recommendation of a 10% addition of Flat White to JN Grey to match the hull color. I do this because I typically add several coats of clear to the model, which darkens the final finish overall, and also makes the decal film completely disappear.

E

JN Grey is what I am using for the "green" tiles in my Enterprise D aztec pattern!

Use a circle template to cut a hole in masking tape, place it on the bridge, and apply the liquid mask. Remove the tape while the mask is wet to get a clean edge.

I would just cut out the middle man, and use the circle template to apply the mask. I might have done so, it just been too long ago, to remember!

I'm wondering how the amber paint will turn out. Remember, that may be an accurate color for the actual domes, but, when lit from within, they'd appear much lighter. I've used clear orange on mine to simulate the lighting effects. I suppose it depends on whether or not you're depicting a powered-down ship.

As for the Bridge, I apply a glob of liquid latex masking fluid, then carefully rotate and tilt the saucer around, letting gravity move the fluid toward the edge of the dome. Then a bit of cleanup with a damp brush or toothpick around the edge. Usually works well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back