Custom Sonic Screwdriver Build ...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

amg

Hiya all....

I've managed to land myself a custom build of a future Doctor's sonic. At the mo, I'm gathering information, and researching casings and how they are made.

I have 6 months to build, a low budget and any machining work will have to be outsourced. I am considering a build from brass and copper tubing, soldering all the components and making it so the chap can still get inside to change the batteries.

He's sent me the inners - nice an compact. Yes, the JB's were yummy. Real Cadbury ones from the UK :)

Any and all suggestions welcome ...

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

greatwazoo42

Sr Member
A good start; a sugar high and dream. ;) That's what got me into collecting sonics in the first place too. Good luck and keep us all posted.

Straker

Sr Member
...<_<

>_>

NOBODY COMMENTED ON THIS?!?!

This is gorgeous! Oh I LOVE a good copper and brass sonic. The engravings on the grip and that emitter! Oh that is lovely! Actual soldering too! This is GORGEOUS! Oh I may want to commission you for another, it's so classy! WHY is there no "like" button on this site?!?!

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
Now that is a right proper sonic there, Sir. I recognize some of those parts from the hardware store. It looks as if a local locksmith may have been robbed as wel! :lol

Beautiful sonic. Worthy to be held in any Doctor's hand!

Seems that McGann should have you make one for him, instead of the monstrosity he carries...

Straker

Sr Member
Now that is a right proper sonic there, Sir. I recognize some of those parts from the hardware store. It looks as if a local locksmith may have been robbed as wel! :lol

Seems that McGann should have you make one for him, instead of the monstrosity he carries...

Agreed! I like Weta but that thing is just atrocious! This sonic is just beautiful. I absolutely adore it!

amg

I've been away - busy on other things.

So kind are your comments :) Apart from a few components, it was completely scratch built.
I have a sister one of these to finish off and keep as a show and tell.