Custom season 5 Rick Grimes figure

trowa195

I still plan on sculpting details and painting, but the parts swap turned out awesome and I wanted to share.

IMG_20141203_224049_681.jpgrick rock.jpg

That looks pretty cool and accurate!

What really draws my attention are those hip joints. If I may ask what was the base figure for this?

That looks pretty cool and accurate!

What really draws my attention are those hip joints. If I may ask what was the base figure for this?

Thanks!

The comic book series 3 rick grimes torso and upper arms. Then the series 6 tv show rick grimes forearms, hands, head and lower torso. Had to dremel the neck on the torso to get the head to fit, all of the tv figures have bigger ball joints than the comic ones. The hip/waist had to be trimmed since it was too big for the comic torso. The forearms were the worst, you have to pop the elbow pin out and then bend the socket out without breaking it, since again the tv figure has bigger parts. Also had to trim a lot of the belt insert since it rides too high for the torso.
It is a little skinny up top but I think it is okay since he would have lost some weight by season 5.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back